Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Approach lights strobe not working

Approach light strobes does not work anymore. I did in the past or if I recall it from box FSX. 

Anyone knows anything about this? I have asked in the STEAM forum but no reply at all.

Does anyone have the "running rabbit" working in FSX:SE?

I've checked with ADE and there are approach lights set that should have running strobes, just tested MALSR but no strobes.

TIA
/Per W
Sweden

Per W Sweden

Hi Per,

This is an older post;  but I'm having the same problem; but with FSX Accel.  Have you determined what caused it with your FSX-SE ?

I did get the Scenery Tool to work properly with help from Aerosoft Support (Mathijs).  But Still no sequencing approach lights at the McMurdo

runways.

Ken

Ken Boardman

You might try adjusting the values for those lights in your FSX.CFG file.

Make a back-up before doing ANY editing!!

Open the FSX.CFG file in Notepad, included with Windows.

Scan down through it for the heading [Display] .

Under that heading should be 4 lines, that look like this:

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.27 //scales edge, center, end, touchdown, runways
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.77 // scales VASI lights)
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.77 // scales approach light bars
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.77 //scales RAILs and ODALs) 

If the lines shown don't exist, add them yourself. To adjust a certain effect, like the VASI lights, for example, increase the number after the = (equals) sign. Only adjust it a couple of tenths at a time. You'll have to completely shut FSX down and restart it to see the effect the changes have made.

I don't know if this will solve the problem, but I've found it quite useful. Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

Thank you Pat.  I love tinkering and appreciate the tips.  I'll backup the .cfg  and start tinkering ~:)

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman