Sign in to follow this  
hlender

X-Plane 11 or others

Just want to get some opinions.

I've been flying FSX for a lot of years. As time goes on better sims come and go on the market. What would some of you recommend to upgrade too that is better than FSX? Or has the potential to be better than FSX? I've researched this subject here and out on the net. Also would like it to work with P2ATC. 

Or should I  stay with FSX for time being?

Thanks in advance all your opinions.

I was on FSX for a long time, and it served me well. I enjoyed the variety of planes and bobbing up and down the PNW in my throaty DHC2. I found the graphics in FSX a little basic and once X-Plane 11 came out I made the switch, deleting FSX was a difficult moment... Looking back I miss the add-on weather engines for FSX, and the variety of airplanes. For me flying through clouds, rain, snow, hail & visibility is about 50% of the immersion. But then again, X-Plane is advancing rapidly. I cannot speak for P3D, but if money was not a problem I would have both. For example I feel there is no turbo prop to in X-Plane to compare to the the Majestic Dash 8 in FSX/P3D.

3 hours ago, vitojethro said:

I was on FSX for a long time, and it served me well. I enjoyed the variety of planes and bobbing up and down the PNW in my throaty DHC2. I found the graphics in FSX a little basic and once X-Plane 11 came out I made the switch, deleting FSX was a difficult moment... Looking back I miss the add-on weather engines for FSX, and the variety of airplanes. For me flying through clouds, rain, snow, hail & visibility is about 50% of the immersion. But then again, X-Plane is advancing rapidly. I cannot speak for P3D, but if money was not a problem I would have both. For example I feel there is no turbo prop to in X-Plane to compare to the the Majestic Dash 8 in FSX/P3D.

Thank you for your reply. It gives me something to think about.

I too have been using FS a lot through the years. I guess we all have.

I am now running Xplane 11 with the Zibo 737-800 mod.

I run Pilot2ATC on an additional monitor with the Stick and Rudder "ATC chatter" add-on.

I then run the FMC in the Zibo 737-800 mod, using an iPad ("AirFMC" app from Haversine)

I think this setup is really convincing when it comes to reality, and it is not overall expensive.

greetings

TF