Sign in to follow this  
nas123

I want to build a PMDG B737NGX home cockpit

I want to build a home cockpit based on PMDG B737NGX. My plan is to have a hardware OVH (both AFT and FWD), EFISs, MCP, MIP, CDUs and PEDESTAL + THROTTLE and YOKES ( at least on the Captain side).

Is it possible at all?

I have seen a program called OC4BA that works with Opencockpits hardware modules. Anyone tried that route? 

What about CPFLIGHT modules or and PMDG B737NGX?

Any other way to go?

Nisse Groen

https://www.flightdeck737.be/

One example.  On the WWW and youtube you will find many more examples.

Sorry, the site is generally in Dutch, hope this can help you one or the other way...

(No, its not my cockpit, but i'm sure you can send questions to the author of the site)

I have an FMC from Opencockpits and an EFIS + MCP from CPFlight. Both suppliers have good quality, especially CPFlight, they are top notch and more or less plug & play but they also have an higher price than OC ... you get what you pay for!

But you will have some drawbacks using PMDG for your homecockpit, especially in the extracting the screens departement. For an high end homecockpit you should  consider an other 737 software which is more or less specially design for cockpit hardware, just my (not so) humble opinion. The main advantage is you can easely move huge parts of the software driving your sim hardware (screens, pedestals etc.) to other PC hardware so your main PC will only drive P3D graphics.

I'm this road down myself, when the day comes that i don't need the VC cockpit anymore i will for sure switch the sim software.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 19.1.2018 at 9:02 AM, JoeFackel said:

But you will have some drawbacks using PMDG for your homecockpit, especially in the extracting the screens departement. For an high end homecockpit you should  consider an other 737 software which is more or less specially design for cockpit hardware, just my (not so) humble opinion. The main advantage is you can easely move huge parts of the software driving your sim hardware (screens, pedestals etc.) to other PC hardware so your main PC will only drive P3D graphics.

I see no reason for adding another PC to run a B737 Homecockpit with good FPS, The PMDG B737NGX is more than capable to be used as a homecockpit running on only 1 PC.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3