Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

X-Plane Developer Q/A 01/2018

24 minutes ago, Murmur said:

What is your _specific_ complaint about current ground handling in X-Plane? Ground handling has been changed multiple times, so please be more specific.

Exactly. It appears 2 seperate subjects are merged in one here: the screeching sound, because wheels were able to deflect from one side to the other between frames (more then 140° in fraction of a second). IRL, this is not possible. Austin added a progressive turn ratio, so that it would take at least a few seconds before the wheel is completely turned, so you can not block the wheels by turning too fast (a joystick can do this, but this is not correct). There is still this sound sometimes, maybe it is overdone, maybe the physics are not 100% right yet. But it is much better IMO.

The second one is the wind vaning. I assure you, this does exist IRL, but appears to be exagerated in the sim. This is a seperate problem, and must be solved (read made more accurate) by LR.

Of course, if the second is wrong, and you come in with crosswind, then you will experience (hear) those annoying sounds from the first problem also. 

One of the problems is our hardware, there is no resistance like in real live. 

I am inexperienced, but I can take off in the cessna with 11 knots 90° crosswind, without screeching, holding the center line.

• Upvote 3