Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

[Resolved] Does AI Reborn work for all AI models?

Hey there,

Just tried out your app, free edition.  In a word very nice.  :biggrin:     Couple of questions:

1. I read in your top post:

Support for FAIB 747 and 767 model series.

Support for FAIB 747-8 and 747-8F series.

Support for FAIB A318, A319, A320 and A321 series including the Airbus

Does that mean your app only supports those models presently?  The reason I ask is I saw some lights on some of my models and none on others.  Could that be the reason? 

2.  None of the aircraft showed any nav lights.  Granted, I read you really toned those down in size but I was watching a few models taxi by right in front of me at night and saw nothing.  Could that be because of maybe not having the models above or my AI models use a different nav light?  My AI setup is a custom "kitbash" of models so that could be the reason.  Would need to dig in deeper but thought I would start of asking these questions.

The dynamic strobe lighting is a real winner.  Just a tad too blue for my liking or maybe its just because I am used to seeing more of a white strobe.  Thx for your contribution to the sim community.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 minute ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Hey there,

Just tried out your app, free edition.  In a word very nice.  :biggrin:     Couple of questions:

1. I read in your top post:

Support for FAIB 747 and 767 model series.

Support for FAIB 747-8 and 747-8F series.

Support for FAIB A318, A319, A320 and A321 series including the Airbus

Does that mean your app only supports those models presently?  The reason I ask is I saw some lights on some of my models and none on others.  Could that be the reason? 

2.  None of the aircraft showed any nav lights.  Granted, I read you really toned those down in size but I was watching a few models taxi by right in front of me at night and saw nothing.  Could that be because of maybe not having the models above or my AI models use a different nav light?  My AI setup is a custom "kitbash" of models so that could be the reason.  Would need to dig in deeper but thought I would start of asking these questions.

The dynamic strobe lighting is a real winner.  Just a tad too blue for my liking or maybe its just because I am used to seeing more of a white strobe.  Thx for your contribution to the sim community.

Clutch

Hi Clutch,

1) The freeware works for with any AI model that conforms with P3D V4 SDK guidelines, however FAIB released their models with custom names effects so I adjusted the freeware to cover for those circumstances in order to easily allow users to use the FSReborn effects with these models.

Some AI models have the effects attached inside the models (not declared in the .cfg file), and under these circunstancies the navigation lights are more difficult to see specially if you use shaders packages like EVENDIR / EVENTSHADE, PTA, TOGA, etc,

There is also the problem that some older models (converted from FS9 to P3D V2 or V3 and ported to V4) have not been recompiled correctly from 3DMax and therefore the object materials are not properly optimised to show the lights as bright as more recently created models.

2) The freeware is focusing in how the lights should look at the distance, I recommend reading this topic which explains it better with pictures: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527918-nav-lighting/

However under certain circunstancies, certain users experience less intensity of the lights than others, this is due to differences in Screen resolution, P3D settings, Screen types, Shaders changes, GPU settings, etc. as you must appreciate lighting appreciation is affected by lots of variables and circunstancies and it is very difficult to create a freeware with "general" effects that will work for 100% of the user base.

For this reason I am currently developing the Profesional Edition which will allow any end user to change the intensity, size and other characteristics of the lights effects so they can be customised for each individual hardware and user needs / preference.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Thx for the clarification. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit