Sign in to follow this  
ryebred2

Landing Lights in VR

I am using Prepar3D 4.1 with an Oculus Rift and did my first night flight with the PMDG 737 and noticed that I could not see the landing lights in VR. They did not illuminate the ground and I double checked that I had the display setting checked "landing lights illuminate the ground." I also tried other aircraft, the PMDG 777, the TFDi 717, and some GA planes and none of them showed the landing light on the ground. Do landing/taxi lights not show up in VR or is there something I am missing?

Landing lights showup in my VR sim.  I use the Oculus, P3DV4.1, and flyinside.

Danny

Danny

I figured it out. You need to have Dynamic Lights turned on in order to see the Landing/Taxi lights. I had turned that option off as part of my settings optimizations for VR as I heard it eats up some frame rates. Now I see ground lighting in all of the aircraft I tested.