Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Fly The Maddog X Website Launched!

15 hours ago, kristolz said:

Thanks Cesar!

Indeed - it´s perhaps one of the most important parts for creating a realistic experience. 

As I´ve mentioned in another thread, I´m an audio engineer by trade, and have worked a lot with "lossy" audio files / formats over the years, so my ears have become seriously oversensitive to any form of lossy compression or sample rate conversion issues (or lack of full 20kHz resolution).  Sadly, there are no MD80s left in Norway. If there had been one, I would gladly have made stereo recordings of the avionics etc, and tried to filter out as much ambient noise as possible to all the aural warnings. A stereo recording of the cockpit, with fans and servos, recorded from several positions, partially mixed together would probably be the way to go:)

Hopefully you´ve got a MD80 at hand somewhere, available for a full days recording session! Hopefully it´s easier to embed higher quality sound files in P3Dv4, now that the 32 bit anchor is left at the bottom of the software ocean. 

Anyway - I will still buy it - the old Dog is one of my favorite aircraft of all time - both in the real world, and in the sim(s).  

Best regards,

Kristoffer.

Hi Kristolz I can only imagine how hard it is to listen such low quality sounds as in audio engineer..would drive me nuts lol that would have been fantastic if you did the sounds...that really sucks its getting harder to find the madogs and i agree 100% sounds are extremely important for a realistic experience.

Wish I still had access  to one :( I used to work as a ramp agent in Florida many years ago and would work on them all day love the aircraft.

13 hours ago, PLund said:

Kristoffer,

Danish Air Transport which is based in Billund has a MD83 and recently got 2 MD82 from Meridian.

So there are some not that far away from you ;)

Maybe theirs hope :)

• Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

To be fair: sounds have been improved from past, but the basis is the same of the legacy version with the same resolution.
Could them be improved? Yes, this is a thing we would like to do after initial release (we are a small team and we're working full steam since last summer mainly in other fields). But it's not an easy task for us trying to record new sounds, here in Italy seeing the -80 around is very difficoult nowadays. I can say this, for my personal taste, not being a sound engineer, sounds are quite decent, and the main purpose of this is simulation is mainly system-oriented, and from that point of view it's unbeatable.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

devteam.gif

On 2/15/2018 at 5:35 AM, dagghito said:

To be fair: sounds have been improved from past, but the basis is the same of the legacy version with the same resolution.
Could them be improved? Yes, this is a thing we would like to do after initial release (we are a small team and we're working full steam since last summer mainly in other fields). But it's not an easy task for us trying to record new sounds, here in Italy seeing the -80 around is very difficoult nowadays. I can say this, for my personal taste, not being a sound engineer, sounds are quite decent, and the main purpose of this is simulation is mainly system-oriented, and from that point of view it's unbeatable.

Cheers

Thanks dagghito. hopefully you guys can improve it over time.

• Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.