Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

[SOLVED] Something is really broke here

Well, after the latest Prepar3d update it appears something is broke, and I have no clue what it could be.  I have the full FSUIPC version.  I was doing this live on FB and VATSIM and truly embarrassed myself...lol.

Here's the link to the video.  I wonder if anyone else is having these issues.  I fear a complete re-install of everything is on the horizon.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Would you please describe the problem.  Sorry mate, I'm not watch anybody's videos and spend minutes waiting for "the event."  I've used the 777 since P3Dv4.2 rolled out, and it was beta tested by the team.  You earn the distinction of being the first one to report a problem that you think is a related to the platform update in the 777.  Thanks in advance for describing the problem.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, I posted the video because I'm really not sure how to describe the issue.  I also have no clue as to what is causing it.  I should have been more clear on that.

In any case, the first issue is when engaging the AP it appears to disconnect somehow.  I can't get it back or LNAV to engage.  Not sure which. I noticed after the update some of the key bindings that I set in the FMC got lost somehow or reset to 'defaults'  I set those back.  I thought maybe the update changed some key assignments in the sim itself.  I had the same issue with disconnecting the A/T and fixed that one.

Another issue is when setting fuel in the payload page of the FMC (55,xxx) it read it as 100% for something like 302,xxx.  I can't remember the exact figures. I would not accept my numbers and transposed them.

I'm not sure what I've done to cause this.  I see no one has yet to report anything in the forums here.  Leave it to me to be the first to break something.  I just have no clue what I did.  In any case I think I need a complete re-install of the sim itself and all the add-ons.  Really looking forward to an entire month of doing that...lol.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hi,

I have watched the taxi and takeoff in your video. 

What I can see is that the Vspeed were not set before taxi and takeoff. You attempted to takeoff with these speeds not set. Then when you tried to engage the AP it didn't engage the first time (FLT DIR displayed on the PFD and AP not lit on the MCP). 

And last, your fuel was very low during the taxi out (8.0T). 

I didn't go through the whole video but I found some interesting moments. The Vspeed "issue" is quite obvious. You changed the departure but didn't reselect the Takeoff speeds in the CDU. So this is not a bug but a pilot mistake (around minute 55').

For the fuel not reset there at least from the end of preflight to takeoff, I didn't watch the load out but did you set the fuel and the payload in the FS actions of the CDU at any moment?

For the AP, it is not clear whether you try to engage it by clicking on the AP button of the MCP or with a key stroke but in ay case the moment you try to engage it is not ideal, you are in the initial climb turning with an aircraft not really stable and you fail to recognize that the AP didn't engage at first. I can guess from your comment "it doesn't track" while the PFD displays FLT DIR and the AP is not lit on the AP that you didn't not realize though it is quit clear on the picture that the AP was not engaged.

Don't take any offense but the video doesn't really work in your favour when you call something is broken with the element above.

If I'm wrong I would be really happen to admit it but first I would advise you to retry the flight paying more attention to the these things during the preflight and takeoff.

I must confess that I didn't go further on the video because the failure to set takeoff speeds after the departure change, plus the failure to recognise the AP was not engaged during the initial climb made me suspect highly pilot mistakes more than bug or something broken.
Please don't take my word hardly, I'm not judging nor accusing.

EDIT: I had another look at your video and noticed that you loaded the 777 on top of itself (even if you load the baron in between). This is known to cause issues with complex addons. 

I don't really understand in the video why you did that. You loaded the cold and dark panel but couldn't switch the battery on?

Anyway, when this occurs, it is better to reboot the sim, load the baron first, then load the T7 than switch to another aircraft and back to the T7. This could be the cause of your issue with the fuel weight.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I totally forgot about reloading the aircraft on top of itself.  That was probably the cause.  😳

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

That was the problem.  Just did a test flight and all is well.  I'm sure this qualifies for n00b of the year.  I don't think anyone will be able to top this one...lol.  Feel free to flog me.:blush:

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Actually it happens quite often if I see the occurences on the forum, you are far from being the only having been "caught" loading the aircraft on top of itself and having issues with that.

(Sorry for throwing you down from the noob podium :biggrin:)

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.