Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

4.2 CTD

I've updated the client only. I have no issues except that I get occasionally CTDs. It can happen at congested areas when I reload a flight (w/o leaving P3D) or when I modify settings via control panel (scenery or autogen density). The CTD happens w/o further notice and immediately. As I did not change anything else I don't know what I could do to avoid it. Any ideas?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4.2 or not...when you go way high with settings that happens.....happened to me once when I moved everything to the left while in flight....Since than I am not testing while flying....So easy with changes, one at the time.

Alex 

44 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

4.2 or not...when you go way high with settings that happens.....happened to me once when I moved everything to the left while in flight....Since than I am not testing while flying....So easy with changes, one at the time.

I know. But with P3Dv4.2 this happened 5 or 6 times during this afternoon. And I did not make big changes. I never had it happen so often with 4.1.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

I know. But with P3Dv4.2 this happened 5 or 6 times during this afternoon. And I did not make big changes. I never had it happen so often with 4.1.

When you upgrade, it does not remove or change any of your settings.  You might have the old fsuipc being loaded by the dll.xml and perhaps it needs to be updated to be compatible with the new version.  Same with ASP4 and some other modules that get loaded.  Certainly things work occasionally so you get fooled.  It's like golf.  So many things to remember before you swing but occasionally the swing works great and occasionally it misses.  This was a pretty big update and it fixed a lot of bugs (and probably added new bugs).  When you get a crash, you need to remember what was running.  If you just had a default installation and settings and got these crashes, then I would be concerned that Lockheed Martin techs released a bad product (even though it went through extensive beta testing).  You might want to look in your Event Viewer or download and install AppCrashView to see if it shows a faulting module.  That provides a clue.  Heck it could be something wrong with your computer!  Like a bad overclock.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) provides more guidance.  If a lot of members were getting crashes like you, then I would think this is a major issue that needs to be fixed and something the beta testers missed.  But there have only been a few reported crashes caused by add-ons like ASP4 or other add-ons that require to be updated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had something like your crashes this morning.  Perhaps the following link will help: 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10