Sign in to follow this  
ark

Some Programs of Possible Interest

I’ve uploaded some program files to my Dropbox that may be of interest to some. Below are brief descriptions, and they all have detailed ReadMe files. The programs should be available at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/irvvujbg189mb6m/AAB9GRIz6gpajO4ntioOdXsha?dl=0

Kneeboard Viewer 2 (KV2)

Kneeboard Viewer 2 (KV2) allows the user to open one or two ‘always-on-top-windows’ to view programs of choice, such as a web page like SkyVector, or a pdf reader for approach charts, in ‘kneeboard windows’ on top of FSX/P3D/X-Plane. The kneeboard windows may be toggled on and off (shown or hidden) by user selectable keys or key combinations. KV2 was developed as a possible replacement for the PDFkneeboard program which, unfortunately, does not currently work in the latest versions of P3D.

Note the following programs require a registered (payware) copy of FSUIPC.

ApproachCallOuts2

AproachCallOuts2 provides altitude, gear and flap settings, and approach minimums (Decision Height) audio callouts on an approach to landing. The callouts are at Radio Altimeter (RA) heights of 2000, 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 ft.  At 800 ft RA (a user settable value) you get a callout of the current flap setting and gear position. There is no gear callout if the aircraft has a fixed gear.  For the minimums (mins) callout, the user can select the callout to be based on a previously set RA mins value, or on a BARO (MSL referenced) mins altitude.

Landing Params

Landing_Params displays landing parameters in a small text window that pops up after the aircraft has landed and has reached taxi speed. Parameters displayed in the window after touchdown are Indicated Airspeed (IAS, Kts), Ground Speed (GS, Kts), Landing Distance (LD, ft), Landing Roll (LR, ft), Vertical Speed (VS, ft/min), Attitude Indicator pitch at touchdown (AI), and Bounce Count (BC).  In addition, more detailed landing parameter information may also be logged. 

L35 Takeoff (TO) and Landing Checklists

L35 takeoff checklists displays both a takeoff and after takeoff checklist. The takeoff section calculates Vr (takeoff rotation speed) based on aircraft weight and flap setting, and then makes an audio Vr callout  during the takeoff run.  At a user settable Radio Altimeter altitude, an after takeoff checklist is displayed. The checklists can be edited as desired.

The landing checklist calculates Vref based on a/c weight and displays similar to the takeoff checklist. If flaps are up you get a warning message to set the flaps and reactivate the checklist. This program also sets the L35 speed bug to Vref.

MU2 Takeoff (TO) and Landing Checklists

Very similar to the L35 programs above except tailored to the MU2. The Vr speed is calculated based on a/c weight and flap setting, as is the landing Vref speed. There is a Vr audio callout on takeoff. There is no setting of the speed bug because there is no speed bug!   :smile:

NpC4FSX&P3D

NpC (NumPadControl) is a more efficient (and more convenient to set up) version of something I wrote a while ago and which much to my surprise PC Pilot magazine chose to include on their Freeware CD that they sent out with their 100th Anniversary edition.

With NpC4FSX&P3D you assign keys to functions like Com, Nav, Heading, Course, Altitude, VS, etc  and can then enter the associated values just by typing on the keyboard’s Numberpad.  No more trying to set frequencies, altitudes, the heading bug, courses, etc, by fiddling with the mouse – just type in the value. A video of the earlier version that a friend made is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2p6CHxMOl8.

All these programs work in FSX, and should work in P3D although I’ve only had a limited amount of P3D feedback on some of them to date.  I don’t have P3D so would appreciate hearing more regarding any P3D experiences with any of these programs.

Thx,

Al

• Upvote 1

I left out a little utility program in my post above that I find handy called NpCmoveAircraft.

NpCmoveAircraft moves an aircraft to a new position. The program prompts the user for each required input: the DISTANCE to move (NMs), the DIRECTION to move (degrees magnetic), the new aircraft ALTITUDE (ft), the new aircraft HEADING (degrees magnetic), and the desired aircraft IAS (Kts) along with the LANDING GEAR POSITION -- up (u), down (d) or fixed (f). Or for any of the five inputs the user can simply enter a carriage return (Enter key) to signify NO CHANGE for that particular entry. Prior to the move the aircraft can be on the ground or in the air. So, for example, NpCmoveAircraft can be used to simply turn an a/c around on the ground, to move it to the other end of a runway, to quickly re-position it for another practice approach after landing, to jump ahead in cruise, to catch up to another a/c, etc. NpCmoveAircraft works with default FSX aircraft and many add-on aircraft that adhere to the standard FSUIPC offsets. A registered copy of FSUIPC is required. NpCmoveAircraft is in the AVSIM and Simviation libraries (as are some of the other programs in my post above).

BTW, I didn't realize it for quite a while, but the 'green message bar' the pops up in FSX for different reasons is actually a window that you can drag to a new location and resize to what you want. I find being able to do this very useful especially when using programs that make frequent use of the 'green bar' window.

Al