Sign in to follow this  
mog

MaddogX for Win10?

I've just looked on the simMarket sales site for the requirements and it quotes Windows 7, will this bird work on FSX  on Windows 10?

I think it looks fantastic, I've been a Leonardo Maddog Fan for ages, in the RW it was always my favorite A/C, the most sensible design ever!!

mog

23 minutes ago, mog said:

I've just looked on the simMarket sales site for the requirements and it quotes Windows 7, will this bird work on FSX  on Windows 10?

I think it looks fantastic, I've been a Leonardo Maddog Fan for ages, in the RW it was always my favorite A/C, the most sensible design ever!!

mog

My laptop has Win10 with FSX-SE that I used testing on the road. Worked just fine.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thanks for that thibodba57, all I need now is to work out if I need a new PC to run it!!

mog

21 minutes ago, mog said:

Thanks for that thibodba57, all I need now is to work out if I need a new PC to run it!!

mog

It's comparable with any PMDG product for whatever that is worth.  But with P3Dv4, might as well upgrade, I went from a 4770k GTX 970 to my 8700k GTX 1080ti and I love it.  More e than just for any aircraft but for all the other autogen and textures I have loaded in.  Sim performs awesome.  With most everything cranked to the right, ORBX Global, NA, Flight Beam KMSP I still get 30-35 fps and extremely smooth performance.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

It's comparable with any PMDG product for whatever that is worth.  But with P3Dv4, might as well upgrade, I went from a 4770k GTX 970 to my 8700k GTX 1080ti and I love it.  More e than just for any aircraft but for all the other autogen and textures I have loaded in.  Sim performs awesome.  With most everything cranked to the right, ORBX Global, NA, Flight Beam KMSP I still get 30-35 fps and extremely smooth performance.

Hey Brian,

Building a new PC now, so interested in your comments on performance in P3Dv4.  I understand things are nice and fluid for you, but don't see any mention of how dynamic lights and overcast skies or thick cloud cover affects frame rates on your machine.  Can you still climb/descend through thick cloud cover and maintain 30+ FPS?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Hey Brian,

Building a new PC now, so interested in your comments on performance in P3Dv4.  I understand things are nice and fluid for you, but don't see any mention of how dynamic lights and overcast skies or thick cloud cover affects frame rates on your machine.  Can you still climb/descend through thick cloud cover and maintain 30+ FPS?

To be sure, the Frames dip some.  25-36 FPS FSDT KDFW Haze, Rain overcast. But its daytime.  Performance in cruise goes up to 70FPS+.  But all the testing I've done its generally pretty smooth even if the frames dip down.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

15 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

To be sure, the Frames dip some.  25-36 FPS FSDT KDFW Haze, Rain overcast. But its daytime.  Performance in cruise goes up to 70FPS+.  But all the testing I've done its generally pretty smooth even if the frames dip down.

As expected, and good to know things remain smooth regardless.  This is one of the most discouraging parts of my current experience with a 5930K & GTX980 using study level aircraft. Seeing smooth performance with heavy cloud coverage will be a welcome change after the new build.

Thanks, Brian.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64