Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

For reasons beyond my control

I've downloaded and installed two addons whose installation is raising this question.  First "XOrganizer" is planted at 'C:/XPlane11/Xorganizer' and apparently does nothing in game.  So too is "FSEnhancer" at 'C:/XPlane11/FSEnhancer but it contains two LUA scripts which makes me ask what are the correct file paths for both addons?

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

I've downloaded and installed two addons whose installation is raising this question.  First "XOrganizer" is planted at 'C:/XPlane11/Xorganizer' and apparently does nothing in game.  So too is "FSEnhancer" at 'C:/XPlane11/FSEnhancer but it contains two LUA scripts which makes me ask what are the correct file paths for both addons?

Not a problem. XOrganizer is NOT really for the simulator per se. It is a tool we use to "organize" all the add ons we accumulate over a period of time. After awhile, our XP folders looks like laundry days with pile of all different clothes everywhere. I have three separate HDD's for XP and overtime they can get pretty cluttered and out of order. What it does, it goes out, and with your help will literally put everything in order so the program runs smoother as the PC doesn't have to look all over for that missing sock. So, it really does not need to be in your XP folder. It just needs to be told "where" your XP folder is when setting up the program. Now, FSEnhancer is a plugin that goes "inside" your Plugin folder that sits inside your Resource folder inside of XP. Hope that helps. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the quick response.  The 'Organizer' appears to be working fine but, though I have 'Enhancer' in 'resources'/'plugins', there's nothing showing in game - not in the plugins drop down menu.  My 'Fly with Lua' is alive but perhaps not well.  All I have in 'scripts' is 'default settings' and it appears there are two scripts in 'Enhancer' that should be included.  In game, I clicked on 'reload all scripts' but nothing happened. 

I don't know this enhancer, but you must always put the lua files in the scripts folder of "FlyWithLua".

There should be a readme included in the download how to set this up correctly.

This is from the provided "read me" - not too specific about location.

I N S T A L L A T I O N

1 - IMPORTANT!!! Remove sky_parameters.lua,lights_parameters.lua from your scripts folder in your FlyWithLua dyrectory if you have a previous FSEnhancer version installed.

2 - drag and drop the files and folders into your main X-Plane 11 directory.

Please, make sure to delete all your environment-concearning lua scripts before the installation to avoid conflicts that could drop your frame rate down, and ruin the experience.

- BETTER WITH THE PROVIDED RESHADE INJECTOR - (it works even without)

FSEnhancer doenst show anything in the drop down plugins menu, is just a sky/clouds/lights modifier! just load some non sky clear weather and check if the clouds are looking different from the default ones.

You may also want to look at log.txt in XP main folder to see if you have some error.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Don't know why I have this compulsion to attach things to Lua.  Anyway I have the FSE folder back in the XPlane11 main folder and tried a cumulus cloud layer - impressive.  Thanks for the assist.