Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

Can't select departure on GNS400/530?

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I can't seem to select a departure procedure through the GNS 400 that comes with a2a aircraft, or with the 530 that comes with Alebeo planes.

Is this something that's inherent to the P3D system or am I making a rookie error somewhere?

Whenever I have a flight plan loaded and hit the PROC button, it only asks if I want to select an approach, no mention of departure anywhere.

TIA!

I've been simming 10 years and have never seen departure procedures in default gps's.  You need and addon gps for departures.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

7 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

I've been simming 10 years and have never seen departure procedures in default gps's.  You need and addon gps for departures.

I understand that the default GPS does not have it.

But both the a2a and Alebeo planes I have are high quality addon aircraft and I assumed that the gps features were fully functional in these planes especially as they refer to the modules as Garmin GNS 400 and GNS 530 respectively and not just a standard GPS.

Hope this makes sense.

I use Reality XP GNS and they allow departure selection. I think the GPS units that come with aircrafts are limited in this regard. Don't own Flight 1 so I don't know about them.

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I use Reality XP GNS and they allow departure selection. I think the GPS units that come with aircrafts are limited in this regard. Don't own Flight 1 so I don't know about them.

Reveal hidden contents

I see. I don't think the A2A or Alebeo GNS units are from Flight1 it's probably one of their own versions and so doesn't include departure procedures.

Seems a bit strange though that I can select an approach but not a departure. I mean, what's the point? :huh:

They're essentially just default units in those particular add on's.  The products do however allow for relatively easy upgrades through third party products  (Flight1, RXP) or within those units through fsaerodata.  

38 minutes ago, medx421 said:

They're essentially just default units in those particular add on's.  The products do however allow for relatively easy upgrades through third party products  (Flight1, RXP) or within those units through fsaerodata.  

Thanks for the replies everyone.

medx421, I assume the fsaerodata update to the database still won't fix the issue of no departure procedures does it?

EDIT : Just found out it does! That's awesome! :)

On 2/22/2018 at 1:28 PM, medx421 said:

Hi medx421, 

I have just tried updating the database through fsaerodata, and I understand that for default airplanes you have to change the gps panel in the panel.cfg to the p3dgps.cab.

I tried that with the default Maule and it seems to be working, I do need to test it a bit more.

However I was unsure how to get the other addons to use the new data.

The A2A and Alebeo planes have a custom panel in them so am I supposed to change that? As it is these modules still don't load the departure procedures even though I updated the database.

I also have the Carenado 182 and have installed the Carenado cycles, but the G1000 in the plane does not allow me to select departure procedures still.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hey Rancid,

I unfortunately, really don't have the answer.  I do have the A2A aircraft, but personally use the Flight1 GTN 650/750 in those.  I believe the default GPS is the Garmin 295 or something to that effect.  I do not own Carenado/Alabeo aircraft except what is default in P3Dv4.  For starters, perhaps try the default A36 Bonanza as it is a Alabeo aircraft with a 430 in it.  There is a few threads in the A2A forum.  Here is from my search results.  Perhaps it may lead you in a direction.  https://a2asimulations.com/forum/search.php?keywords=fsaerodata&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

• Upvote 1