Sign in to follow this  
AirShow

CLS Airbus Collection: Long Haul with DirectX10 enabled, causes grey windshield in VC

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am unable to see through the VC windshields for the Airbus Collection: Long Haul product on FSX:SE. I have other CLS products like the DC10 and BAE146 working fine, but this one doesn't want to cooperate. Please note that it does work when I turn the DirectX10 Preview setting off, but as I hope everyone would agree, the game looks pretty bad with that setting off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I was looking forward to flying the wide diversity of liveries that it comes with.

Solutions attempted:

• "Rain" fix from various websites such as JF, CLS and Flight1. This happens even in clear skies, so I don't think this patch is relevant in this case.
  • All other available patches from the JF site.
  • I previously purchased Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer and it unfortunately doesn't help in this situation.

One other interesting note, is that when the plane first loads, and you switch from external (F11) to VC (F9) view, you see through the windshield for a fraction of a second, after which it greys out. Subsequent switches like that no longer offer this glimpse, until you reload.

Screenshot of problem:

zP5k3aG.png

16 hours ago, Bjoern said:

A missing alpha channel in the glass texture file maybe?

Have you tried looking for a fix somewhere?

Yes. Posting here was last resort.

Well, try contacting CLS then.

Or find the glass texture and try to add an alpha channel to it with a tool like DXTBMP.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Did you try scanning for 8 bit textures with the toolbox?  The glass texture must have an alpha texture as its transparent in dx10 so I guess its inverted in some way.

5 hours ago, SteveFx said:

Did you try scanning for 8 bit textures with the toolbox?  The glass texture must have an alpha texture as its transparent in dx10 so I guess its inverted in some way.

I unfortunately have no experience with how to edit the glass texture, and I was worried that even if I did try, it would look cheap and low quality. Ended up moving on to something else for now, until CLS or some kind soul figures out a solid fix for this.

Thanks either way for the suggestion!