Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quincio

Wingflex Does Exist

While observing the model on a free flight, my yoke somehow deactivated itself, and my aircraft began to dive causing it to overspeed. Shockingly was when everything came back I began to pull the nose up and noticed the wing flex and then quickly snapping back into its rock stone position. I thought it was strange so I decided to check the animations of the model in 'Ai Aircraft Editor,' and to my surprise, the wing does have a wingflex animation. Why isn't it present in our flyable model? 

It is internally controlled by our code, we will probably review the parameters and increase it slightly.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Doe the wings flex in normal flight (even just the wingtips that bend up a tiny bit) when the lift force comes into play after rotating? 

2 hours ago, Mad_X said:

Doe the wings flex in normal flight (even just the wingtips that bend up a tiny bit) when the lift force comes into play after rotating? 

Most definitely. Look up some MD-80 pictures to see, you can noticeably see curvature in them during flight 

22 hours ago, Meekg said:

It is internally controlled by our code, we will probably review the parameters and increase it slightly.

Good to hear! Looking forward to that!

Bai Jian

On 2/23/2018 at 2:30 AM, Meekg said:

I was wondering the same thing! I've definitely noticed in turbulence the wing bounces a little bit, but it always returns to the regular position that looks like the wing isn't generating any lift as if it the airplane was still on the ground. I love looking at this airplane in the air and even though wingflex is such a minor detail, I feel like a proper wing position in flight would just complete the airplane, even if it was static for the most part. 

On 23-2-2018 at 7:23 PM, Mad_X said:

Do these answer the question?

747865.jpgn434aa-american-airlines-mcdonnell-dougl33624_1240499594.jpgMD82-244104.jpgVRN-Belle-Air-McDonnell-Douglas-MD-82-DC

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.