Sign in to follow this  
montanasimmer

Interesting idea...

A laptop? It seems like that would be an even bigger hassle, as the software advances and you need more power, it isn’t as simple, or cheap, as buying a new GPU or CPU, rather you’d have to buy a new full laptop again. Am I missing something?

It's a joke. Look what you get for the base:The EON17-X can be heavily customized on Origin PC’s website. The baseline configuration costs $1,935 and includes a quad-core Intel Core i3-8100, a GeForce GTX 1060 paired with a 120Hz, 1920x1080 G-Sync display, 8GB of memory, and a 500GB Seagate FireCuda hybrid hard drive.

They bought and configured a more competent system at - over $3,700.

Learn to  configure and put together your own box and it will save you a boatload of money.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

If money and strong arms are not an issue that would be a companion to bring your sim with you when you are traveling. For the home use, I still prefer my good old tower which gets new organs whenever needed. 

However, it would be nice to see someone running a fully loaded Prepar3D 4.2 or X-Plane 11.10 on that Origin laptop. 

Hans