Sign in to follow this  

On 27/02/2018 at 2:59 PM, Alexandre6463 said:

I know about the M.2 but after reading and research the problem with them is the overheat .

No temp issues with my daughters Samsung 960 Evo or mine. You will only see high temps if you push it to the max with benchmark software.

Both my daughters motherboard and my motherboard (Asus) have M.2 slots beneath the PCH, so the PCH heat sink helps to cool the drive. 

• Upvote 1

I just recently upgraded from a 1tb HDD to a Samsung 1tb M.2 - the difference was astonishing to say the least. I haven't experienced any overheating issues. The label is made of copper and acts as a heatsink.

In all honesty, unless you want to spend the extra money, I would just get a 1tb Sata SSD. Where I am a Samsung sells for about $380 and the Samsung M.2 goes for $570 - the premium is not worth it in my opinion if it is for a flight sim computer. If you do a lot of large data transfers that would be a different case but best bang for buck is a single decent sized SSD in my opinion.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4