Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

No Vectors On Approach

Hi,

This is really a question out of curiosity, I'm certain the only fix is for Tegwyn to do his stuff, unless it is a problem with my setup in someway. I have written to him twice about this but no reply as yet.

I quite often wish to fly the STAR as detailed on the chart either to carryout a particular approach type or because the approach requires a precise routing due to terrain or other issues. So, I tick the box in the 'No Vectors' option in the Flight Plan Extras. This used to work really well with V6 but I have not been able to get it to work in version 7.

What happens is, I am assigned the STAR and then vectored almost immediately.

Is anyone else using this option and if so, is it working okay?

Thanks and regards

Dave

Dave,

When you get assigned the STAR and receive vectors, affirm the instructions and press 0 for Voxatc menu and choose Full ILS approach. You will get instructions to proceed and advise when established on procedure and report 4dme. I am not sure why it is 4... If you do contact at 4nm, by the time you communicate and tune tower and readback you will be on very short final at least in a jet. 

Hope this help.

Regards 

Sergej

Hi Sergej,

I thought I'd let you know that everything is working okay now. The only thing I have done is to run the installer after installing some new scenery.

Regards

Dave

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, egkkman said:

This is really a question out of curiosity

for me too ....

as dave similarly wrote, in FAA skies today there are many (& an increasing number of) rnav star / approach procedures transitioning one to the other with charted routes not requiring vectors.

indeed, the need for vectors is now mostly for ils approaches (which less than often do not have a transition from the star).

so I guess my question is, if no vectors is selected, should I expect V742 to give preference to the "continuous" procedure whether it be to an rnav or ils approach (though most likely the former) but still provide vectors if only "discontinuous" one/s are available.

your thoughts appreciated

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Im using updated AIRACS with navigraph etc, and today flying with PMDG 737 from ENGM ti EKCH atc deviated from flightplan and vectored me in differntly. It was pretty cool and felt very immersive considering other traffic. 
But my second flight from EKCH to EHAM 10 minutes in flight, almost reaching cruise, atc vectored me to KORSA, a freakin waypoint on the other side of the world. Unknowing about that, i dialed DCT in fms and was screaming that i didnt have enough fuel. then P3DV4 crashed.. 

ha

5 hours ago, Jellybean_jagger said:

Im using updated AIRACS with navigraph etc, and today flying with PMDG 737 from ENGM ti EKCH atc deviated from flightplan and vectored me in differntly. It was pretty cool and felt very immersive considering other traffic. 
But my second flight from EKCH to EHAM 10 minutes in flight, almost reaching cruise, atc vectored me to KORSA, a freakin waypoint on the other side of the world. Unknowing about that, i dialed DCT in fms and was screaming that i didnt have enough fuel. then P3DV4 crashed.. 

ha

You didn't mention if you were using fsaerodata or not to update the navaids, etc. in the sim itself. VOXATC can only work with the airway, waypoint, airspace, comm, navaid, departure, approach and arrival information that it can access from the sim's scenery database (plus its own AIRAC data which limited to approaches departures and arrivals). Mismatches between the FMS AIRAC and the sim's database can cause odd behavior. Another issue to look for is multiple copies of 3rd party airports. This also will cause strange results in VOXATC. The ORBX regions, ORBX freeware airports and My Traffic 6 are all sources of "hidden" versions of airports that may conflict with payware third-party airports. VOXATC is far more complex than the sim, with regard to ATC and AI Traffic and is understandably less forgiving when it encounters conflicting data.

UPDATE: I figured it out. The stock EKCH has a VOR/DME KOR named KORSA which is apparently causing some kind of conflict in VOXATC. The waypoint KORSA in South America is also named KORSA. There is also a second KOR in Greece which is an NDB.

Edited by jabloomf1230
UPDATE

2 hours ago, kwinber said:

So, if I use Navigraph data I need to manually download latest airac specifically to voxatc?

The VOXATC Navigraph files only add approaches, SIDs and STARs to the sim's navigation database. It depends on how realistic that you want your flights to be. If your aircraft has AIRAC 1902 and VOXATC only has access to the sim's AIRAC 0612 (roughly 12 years ago), then you better only fly between your newer payware 3rd party airports, because those are the only ones that will exhibit approaches, comms, navaids and waypoints that are fairly close to those found in AIRAC 1902. Think about it. If you were a real world pilot, what would happen if you filed a flightplan based on airport data from 2006?

You can add some of the information from AIRAC 1902 using this freeware add-on:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Or you can add all of it to every stock airport and stay up to date with an annual subscription to fsaerodata. Even with fsaerodata, if the physical geometry of the RL airport has changed since 2006, then you might get landing instructions from VOXATC for a re-aligned runway.

Edited by jabloomf1230