Sign in to follow this  
bsmfinegan

P2A Config Settings

Currently trying P2A in the 10 day evaluation period and am liking what I am seeing so far.

I have run into a problem where all of the setting in the P2A config tab have completely cleared themselves.  For example all of the figures from the ATC settings tab have disappeared except for altitude change lead time and frequency change time options. In the speech tab there is now no option to select a speech output device and the three other options on that tab are all set to zero. On the AI Traffic tab all the boxes are cleared.  I also set up the weather tab to use Active Sky as the weather source and that has cleared it's settings as well.

Anyhow, I think you get the idea, the only thing I have changed on my system was I had to reinstall Fsuipc after some problems I was having with it.

I was tempted to just reinstall P2A but I did not know how that would effect the evaluation period.

Look forward to any suggestions you may have.

Bryan.

Bryan,

Reinstalling the program won't affect the Config Settings disappearing.  They are stored in a file in the AppData area of your PC.  It's possible that you need to run P2A as administrator (right-click the exe file and select Run as Administrator from the menu).

I guess it's possible the file was damaged or destroyed.  If that happened, the values would be set to defaults and a new file built.  Just reset the settings and hopefully this won't happen again.

Dave

3 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Bryan,

Reinstalling the program won't affect the Config Settings disappearing.  They are stored in a file in the AppData area of your PC.  It's possible that you need to run P2A as administrator (right-click the exe file and select Run as Administrator from the menu).

I guess it's possible the file was damaged or destroyed.  If that happened, the values would be set to defaults and a new file built.  Just reset the settings and hopefully this won't happen again.

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

When you say reset the settings, how would I go about that?

If you mean just enter new data I have found that P2A is not remembering any new entries that I make.

Bryan.

Yes I did mean just enter the settings again.

Are you running as Administrator?  Sounds like Windows is not allowing the program to access the file where the settings are stored.

Dave

Ok, forget my last post.  I moved the P2A AppConfig.xml file from it's folder and let P2A rebuild a new one and all seems fixed.  I will check the folder permissions as you suggested.

Will let you know if I have any more problems.

Bryan.