Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

cant install x plane 11 demo

I'm running windows 10 64bit

I download the zip; uninstall it and then run the installer.exe and it says it can't load it and quits

here is my log file

Installer log.txt for X-Plane Installer 4.03r1 compiled on Oct 27 2017 09:36:38
Installer started on Mon Mar  5 12:20:39 2018

This log file is generated automatically by Laminar Research applications and contains diagnostics about your graphics hardware, installation, and any error conditions.
If you need to contact tech support or file a bug, please send us this file. NOTE: this file is rewritten every time you start ANY of your X-System applications.

Windows 10.0 (build 16299/2)
This is a 64-bit version of Windows.
CPU type: 8664
Physical Memory (total for computer): 6433132544
Maximum Virtual Memory (for X-Plane only): 140737488224256
CPU 0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz  Speed (mhz): 3801

X-System folder:'', case sensitive=0

WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_no_error WGL_ARB_create_context_profile WGL_ARB_create_context_robustness WGL_ARB_context_flush_control WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float WGL_EXT_colorspace WGL_EXT_create_context_es_profile WGL_EXT_create_context_es2_profile WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float WGL_EXT_swap_control WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear WGL_NVX_DX_interop WGL_NV_DX_interop WGL_NV_DX_interop2 WGL_NV_copy_image WGL_NV_delay_before_swap WGL_NV_float_buffer WGL_NV_multisample_coverage WGL_NV_render_depth_texture WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle 

can anyone help me?

Ciao!

Is this the complete log as it does not say much. Maybe send it to Laminar support to see if they can help. 

Maybe the zip file is corrupt. Did you try downloading again and starting the installer as administrator? Turn off anti-virus during the install might help?