Sign in to follow this  
lifejogger

At Last - Europe is Safe From B-17s

Guest beana51

Hi, relabeling? why not.A war bird by any other name is still just that,a war bird. This PM on the tube, the history channel had the most informative,and fascination air craft(War birds),I have ever seen.I'm sure others are aware of them.They were German and Japanese late war creations. Desperate people with absolutly the greatest designs of war birds for knocking down American,and its allies planes over their country's Sky's.It became apparent we did not have the war won in the late 44,@45 yrs.Hypothetically what if they succeeded in knocking the 17s,29s and the whole fighter complement,out of the sky,and changed the outcome. It was close. Would they still now be celebrating there memories with their war birds? I think they would. Probably would have huge parades at midnight ,carrying torches.After all they gave us the Jets,swept wings,X-wings,air to ,air stealth,and all we make take for granted.Much of which,after the war, was used to improve our Air power. Even Mr. Von Braun. He helped us a little ,do he?However, are we now to believe its not nice for us to remember,and honor those over 100,000 young boys who gave it all, up,and over there,and in War birds.? There are not many left of that generation, Teary eyed old men who when at the sound of a smokeing, flameing,coughing radiel,warbird, drift back,in minds eye, to their youth,and remember. Speaking for my self,I remember them. VIN SOME OLD WISE GUY, FROM SOMEWHERE ONCE SAID, "ONLY THE DEAD SEE THE END OF WAR"

The regulation requires insurance for total claims up to US$80 million. Can anyone really say that they don't believe that a worst case scenario - a fully fueled crash into an apartment building, say, could not generate claims totaling that much?As for the likelihood of that type of accident, that's what the free market will determine. Insurers actuaries will figure out the (very remote) chance of such a worst case accident, and the more likely risks of lesser claims, right down to someone claiming for a ding on their cars paint if a rivet falls out in flight, and set the premiums accordingly. As the Sally B is apparently doing, these risks can even be calculated on a per-flight basis, with the premiums being higher for a flight over downtown London than for an offshore flight past a beach.I love to see these historical planes flying, but at the same time, there does need to be coverage arranged so that if something does go wrong people are not left financially hanging because the operator didn't have enough insurance.Richard

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I do have a one million dollar liability policy on my 6 pound remote control plane!!! It's included with my AMA membership and I get a snazzy magazine too. But AMA has had to struggle and go thru multiple companies to find someone with a premium comensurate to risk.Wouldn't want to have to insure 18,000 pounds...Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Not in Europe! There are very strict limits to the amount people can be awarded in claims money here.And the passengers would be signing wavers stating they can't claim damages in case of an accident.Politicians here want to get rid of the warmongering airshows though, as well as of the polluting rich man's game that's general aviation.That's why such idiotic things are enacted here.

In the UK at least there are no limits on damages that can be awarded for death or injury. We're not just talking about passengers but 3rd parties on the ground with no involvement with the flight.Anyway, waivers purporting to limit liability for death or injury are likely to be declared void by the courts on public policy grounds."Notice Required by European Community Regulation 2027/97 As Amended by Regulation No. 889/2002Compensation in the case of death or injuryThere are no financial limits to the liability for passenger injury or death. For damages up to