Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Speed tape question

Hi guys,

What does the thin red and white dotted line signify when it shows to the right of the green speed tape line. (Not the overspeed line which is above the green line)

Some times it shows, sometimes not?

Cheers

Stinger 

A pic would be so much easier!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On 09/03/2018 at 4:51 PM, dmarques69 said:

A pic would be so much easier!

Mmmm, not that easy as it doesn't show up regularly. If someone doesn't chip in before it shows again i will do just that!

Cheers Stinger

Hi Keith.

I'm wondering if that is the Airspeed Trend Vector. Here is a snippet from the Garmin pdf

'The Airspeed Trend Vector is a vertical magenta line that appears to the right of the color-coded speed range

strip when airspeed is either accelerating or decelerating. One end of the magenta line is anchored to the

tip of the airspeed pointer while the other end moves continuously up or down corresponding to the rate of

acceleration or deceleration. For any constant rate of acceleration or deceleration, the moving end of the line

shows approximately what the indicated airspeed value will be in six seconds. If the trend vector crosses

VMO/MMO the airspeed and the Mach readouts changes to yellow. If the trend vector crosses the red VLSA

range, theairspeed readout is displayed in yellow. The trend vector is absent if the speed remains constant or if any data

needed to calculate airspeed is not available due to a system failure.'

Cheers...Ken.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, kenny584 said:

Hi Keith.

I'm wondering if that is the Airspeed Trend Vector. Here is a snippet from the Garmin pdf

'The Airspeed Trend Vector is a vertical magenta line that appears to the right of the color-coded speed range

strip when airspeed is either accelerating or decelerating. One end of the magenta line is anchored to the

tip of the airspeed pointer while the other end moves continuously up or down corresponding to the rate of

acceleration or deceleration. For any constant rate of acceleration or deceleration, the moving end of the line

shows approximately what the indicated airspeed value will be in six seconds. If the trend vector crosses

VMO/MMO the airspeed and the Mach readouts changes to yellow. If the trend vector crosses the red VLSA

range, theairspeed readout is displayed in yellow. The trend vector is absent if the speed remains constant or if any data

needed to calculate airspeed is not available due to a system failure.'

Cheers...Ken.

Hi Ken,

No not the Airspeed Trend Vector. The fact that nobody seems to know what I am talking about suggests that it may be a graphical

glitch on my system. This would also explain why it doesn't show all of the time.  If this link works it will be a pic of what I mean.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwquz8ltptynqp7/Speedtape.jpg?dl=0

cheers

Stinger

Hi Stinger.

Okay, the link works albeit side on at 90 degrees. I have no idea what that is. I certainly do not get that in my aircraft. It could well be a display issue of some sort.

Sorry I can't help further...Ken.