Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Flying into EGLL - peformance tips

Hi guys,

Obviously everyone has different systems, but I am assuming a lot of people here fly into EGLL with the PMDG 744.

I was wondering if some might like to share the settings they use in P3D v4 to keep it smooth and still looking reasonable (e.g. what sort of autogen, AI etc.)  It is one of my most dreaded airports to fly into due to performance, and often it is overcast or pretty cloudy, so with Activesky it hammers the FPS.

I use the UK2000 EGLL, which I have read is pretty similar/slightly better than Aerosoft EGLL with regards to FPS.  I also have FTX England (with options such as buses etc. turned off), and with its enhanced EGLL files removed (as I already have UK2000).

My specs:

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz
Nvidia 980TI
16GB DDR4-3000MHz RAM
4K Monitor

I only use MSAA and FXAA off.

Add-ons:
EZCA v2
ASP4
PMDG 744 (obviously)
FSUIPC

Any tips appreciated!!

Cheers,

EGLL is my home airport. I fly the FSL A320X and the PMDG 777 and 737 NGX in and out of there on my regular VA sectors. I haven't committed to the 747 yet.

It's not really EGLL killing the frames it's London - always has been in FSX - it's one of the worst places in the World for frames.

I have about 30-40 frames at the gate and a little less on TO (especially off 09 L/R).

I have dialled back UK2000 settings to HIGH - not EXTREME. (EXTREME settings give you blue taxi lights (EGLL does not have them RW - Gary put them in after requests) and steam rising from terminals and a few extra buildings - nothing too important.) Don't bother with airside animations if you have GSX.

If I'm in the tubes and going to Europe or long haul I'll switch off ORBX FTX England - usually don't see it anyway with our bl**dy english weather courtesy of AS16! - besides I reckon FTX Global looks better at night! I only have England switched on if I'm hopping about between grass strips and other GA activities in frame-friendly single prop stuff.

My sliders are all up around 75%.

If I really want a smooth in-sim experience I'll fly UK2000 EGKK instead - far better on the frames - and luckily my VA flies from there too. There is a sweet spot you can get at LHW - you just have to experiment, try, experiment, then try again. 

Edited by Guest

I’ve tried both and I found the Aerosoft EGLL looks better and has better performance than the UK2000 scenery (without the extreme setting).

ki9cAAb.jpg

I found 9L approach ok coming in from CPT VOR, but I do not run in 4k, I use UK2000 EGKK to EGLL as a test flight with PMDG 747 and 777, for tweaking my system and P3Dv4.2, but I do not keep anything on my flight sim PC I do not need running EG benchmark software I uninstall but keep them in my downloads in my utilities folder on my storage drive, I try to keep my registry as clean as possible. I have traffic at 30% Default AI at max to test until I purchase an addon , taxing at EGLL on xtrem 35-45 fps with road traffic.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, kevinh said:

I’ve tried both and I found the Aerosoft EGLL looks better and has better performance than the UK2000 scenery (without the extreme setting).

My experience was the opposite, and i couldn't get rid of Aerosoft fast enough after trying it.  True, UK2000 is not as pretty but Aerosoft is an absolute performance killer and high end settings that work everyplace else.  With UK2000 I found significant improvement if the dynamic reflections slider was moved from far right to midway.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP