Sign in to follow this  
cannow

Tips good vr in 4.2

Struggling to get a smooth performance main issue cockpit judders when moving head forward backwards .so I have GeForce 1070 and rift running on 4.2.

Occulus tray tool what' best setting trying 1.5 at moment .asw  on or off

Max pre rendered vr frames what' the best setting have read set application controlled.

Also using chaseplane 

Use native vr so any tips tweaks much appreciated

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

17 hours ago, cannow said:

Struggling to get a smooth performance main issue cockpit judders when moving head forward backwards .so I have GeForce 1070 and rift running on 4.2.

Occulus tray tool what' best setting trying 1.5 at moment .asw  on or off

Max pre rendered vr frames what' the best setting have read set application controlled.

Also using chaseplane 

Use native vr so any tips tweaks much appreciated

..... try this, it may help

3jFPS-wizard11 you find it here

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11/

Thanks have x plane but main platform is prepar3d hoping to improve main issue is cockpit bidder don' know how else to describe almost as if cockpit is fighting head movement.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

The cockpit "judders," as you call it, happens when the frame rates get too low. I have found that single pass rendering in the VR options helps with this. However, the downfall is you can get some strange pop-ins and artifacts with single pass rendering at the moment because it has some bugs in it. It is worse when you are on the ground at an airport with a lot of objects on it.

You can also adjust your scenery settings. A lot of the high quality settings you don't need in VR because of the resolution limitation. I have the Oculus Tray Tool set to 1.5 Super Sampling with ASW turned off to improve the resolution. The caveat with super sampling is you need to turn some of your settings down a bit.

I normally prepare the plane and taxi to the runway in stereo mode so I do not get all of the weird artifacts. Then I switch to single pass before takeoff so it is smoother. Enroute you can use either mode depending on whether you are experiencing any artifacts from single pass or not. I typically keep it in single pass as I approach another airport to land because I need it as smooth as possible in order to hand fly the landing. Once landed I switch back to stereo mode to get rid of the weird artifacts.