Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1290SASRider

ILSs not working...?

I'm trying to complete a flight in FSX:SE with current (1803) fsAerodata.  ILSs aren't broadcasting it appears.  Tried several different airports/runways and nothing.  I tune the frequency...no ID is heard and NAV and GS flags are present.  VORs tune and ID just fine.  Curiously, I'm also thinking this problem is manifesting in P3D V4.  Trying to finish a flight there and I just realized that the ILS is misbehaving there as well.  It's VHHH runway 07L as it happens.  So I'll post this in the P3D forum as well.   I looked for posts regarding this without success.  And there isn't a forum dedicated to fsAerodata as far as I can determine.  Any assistance is appreciated.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

I don't have that aircraft, but did you turn on VOR on the audio panel? You won't hear anything otherwise.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, I had the NAV audio turned on. No ID. When I tuned a nearby VOR I heard the identifier and the NAV flags disappeared and proper sensing was evidenced.

I wasn't speaking of a particular aircraft so I'm not sure what you're referring to...? I tested this with several default aircraft as well as certain add-on aircraft that I'm using for virtual airline tasks. If you meant "fsAerodata," that's an application that allows you to update the NAVAID data within the simulator to keep it up to date, either FSX or P3D.

WX4U

David Rosenblum

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

I just did a test at VHHH sitting on the 07L runway.  I have all of the proper Glideslope indicators, the proper VOR1 indications on the screen, proper DME indication, and best of all I hear the Morse code identifier loud and clear.

Using 111.100 set in NAV1 radio.  I had the Ray Smith update installed several years ago and use to use VHHH as a test arrival airport.  The ILS system never failed me.

VHHH.JPG

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

17 hours ago, charliearon said:

I just did a test at VHHH sitting on the 07L runway.  I have all of the proper Glideslope indicators, the proper VOR1 indications on the screen, proper DME indication, and best of all I hear the Morse code identifier loud and clear.

Using 111.100 set in NAV1 radio.  I had the Ray Smith update installed several years ago and use to use VHHH as a test arrival airport.  The ILS system never failed me.

VHHH.JPG

Thank you for your reply.  Don't understand why ILSs just aren't working for me but the only common denominator that I can discern is that I'm using fsAerodata in both P3D and FSX:SE that is current.  I know I've flown ILS approaches recently without problem.

David Rosenblum

Not familiar with fsAerodata but when Ive had ILS issues I loaded the airport BGL in Airport Design Editor and looked to see what the ILS frequencies were.  Presumably yours are getting updated but it's worth a look. 

If you have addons like ORBX make sure to look at the airport file in use which may not be the FSX default. 

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.