Sign in to follow this  
Wolf0

Logbook and flight track recording for P3Dv4

18 hours ago, Wolf0 said:

Would you keep me advised if the author gives you feedback? Currently I'm not a Reddit user...

Gladly!  I got a response from the author on reddit, and this is in part what they said:

While it really seems like the project is dead, it isn't. It is in a paused state. I had to stop working on it because I don't had too much other stuff to do, so the motivation for working dropped. At the moment, I have version 1.5 locally which is working quite - just needs some small bug fixes. I plan to update it within the next two month, but I can not guarantee that at the moment. I will add you to my "people-to-notify" list as soon as the update drops.

Because the tool uses FSUIPC, I can only access the values FSUIPC sends me. Unfortunately the FSLabs A320 has a lot of logic outside of the sim, so quite a lot gets bypassed and doesn't get recognized by FSUIPC. I don't plan to add other SDKs/APIs because that would cost me too much time to create / maintain it.

Also, it's apparently written in Delphi.   An interesting choice, but I guess for personal projects you use what you know/like.

Edited by kaosfere

Good news, then!

Regarding the FSLabs A320 the answer was expected. No SDK and a freeware logbook plus all the non-standard features would only bring way too much work than any other model to the author. It's perfectly understandable. 

Regardless of that it's good to know that the program is alive and will continue to evolve. I'm sure there are dozens of potential users who (like me) have never heard of this software before. Maybe with a little more awareness over the usual places where the community gathers we could see this software becoming mainstream. It fills a void we have at this time with P3Dv4 since no local logbook is available with the features this one already presents to the user.

Thank you for the feedback on the author's response and please do inform when you have more news about this software.

Happy Easter! 

Hallo to everyone , there is a solution to make work google earth tracker on preper3d v4.4?

Projectfly has a major drawback: it's online. If the owners decide to shutdown you can end up loosing all your data...

Edited by Wolf0

I use Sim Acars which is a free app. It's used in conjunction with my flying club " Virtual International Flying Club. " It logs everything from rate of decent to mistakes that I make in the flight. It's easy to use and a simple flight plan that is used.