Sign in to follow this  
onduty

Some questions before purchase

Hi Dear Guys,

Planning to purchase the GTX for FSX. Before my final decision I would have some questions:

1. With the modifications by the talented "whamil77", what about the turboprop engine behaviour? Is it close to real, I mean you have to gradulally increase throttle during climb untill reaching ITT limit? Or it is still the incorrect basic FSX stuff? (If somebody would send me a picture taken during cruise around FL 220-240 I could check the engine indications.)

2. How close are the performance numbers to RW?

3. Is whamil77 mods are for FSX, too?

3. Any other personal opinion.

4. Sytems modelling?

As you can see from my questions I do not care too much about eye candy things like graphics, etc, I would prefer realistics sytems and performance.

Appreciate your help,

Tamas

I am in the final stages of modifying the Carenado B200 and C90B.  I have made a breakthrough of sorts with engine behavior.  While the initial mod to the C90GTX addressed only engine starting inaccuracies, idle settings, beta range behavior, and performance matching, future updates will address several other changes to systems to bring them into closer compliance with the actual POH.  Included in those changes will be accurate ITT behavior including serious repercussions for "over-temping" an engine.  For the C90B (with Blackhawk modified -135 engines) and the C90GTX, the ITT at maximum cruise at approximately FL200 will be maxed-out.  ITT will behave properly throughout the flight envelope IAW the POH(s).  

The B200 and C90B mods have been quite extensive including new electrical system with proper generator and battery loads, new autofeather system that actually works and and can be tested IAW the POH, totally rebuilt autopilot in accordance with the APS-65H operating manual (at least....as close as I can get it with FSX/P3D), automatic auto-ignition during start, and probably some other things I don't remember at this moment.

I fully intend to do the same with the C90GTX and the B350i.  However, the weather is getting better and house and yard chores are coming due.  So, I can't guarantee when I'll get to the newer King Airs.  They may have to wait until next Winter.  But I do intend to do them.  

These modifications are done and tested with latest version of P3D at the time of the modification.  I have had only one complaint that a mod didn't work exactly as advertised in FSX, and it was an easy fix corrected by the user.  

Hope this helps.   

Dear whamil77,

That's really great and promising news. I envy your computer skills, unfortunately, I'm only a "stupid user". I will postpone my Carenado purchase (it is simply useless  for me in its current state) until your mods are out, waiting patiently in the meantime. (The "garden situation" is the same here, still a mess. :-))

If you need data/manuals for your work just PM me! I have docs on C90B, C90GTi an even the 350i. Rembering one of your previous posts/request: I have, buried somewhere deeply in my garage a Collins EFIS  84 manual (color) and perhaps  APS 65 docs. These are hard-copies but if you need them I will try to scan them somehow.

All the best and hard work,

Tamas

I have all the Beechcraft POH(s) for the King Airs, but the 84 and 65 manuals would be very helpful.  I have been using an 85 manual and excerpts from a Flight Safety summary of the APS 65 for modeling.  The real deals would help with accuracy.  If you feel like going to the trouble, I can PM you an email address if you don't already have it.