sammy

GTN 750 Carenado SR22

Posted (edited)

Hello

the GTN 750 does not couple with Corenado SR22 equipped Carenado with G1000 Perspective (PFD and MFD) with GFC 700 Control Unit.

Is there anything to do to deactivate the G1OOO or do you have a list of compatible aircrafts?

Best

Edited by RXP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, sammy said:

the GTN 750 does not couple

Hi, can you please elaborate what you mean with 'does not couple'?

Besides, the G1000 is a navigation and control unit typically replacing a GPS + A/P + (other things) in an aircraft, it is not supposed to also be paired with a GPS in real life, like there should be no purpose adding a GPS in a 737 for example.

Is there any particular reason to use the GTN with the G1000?

Thanks for your reply

Does not couple means that when I set a direct to a waypoint on the GTN, the SR22 does not follow the leg track

I do not use the G 1000 because it is almost impossible to set airports, approach procedures with the knobs and because the letters are too small for my eyes

The GTN 750 is much more simple and intuitive.

In this case, it is possible the G1000 code is taking ownership of the A/P and I'm not sure it is designed to be flown without. Are you sure you've set the GTN device as 'master'?

Posted (edited)

I would not give up on the Carenado G1000 all that fast.  It really is quite nice, especially with synthetic vision.  (I have not checked whether the SR22 has the latest incarnation of the Carenado G1000).  IMHO, it compares favourably with the F1 G1000.  I have used this G1000, literally, to fly around the world.

My eyesight is getting real bad, so I just use the 2d popout and expand it to fill most of the screen.  That solves most of the visibility problems.  While the knob twiddling can be frustrating, it is more manageable when using and enlarged 2d popout.  Of course, it would be nice to have a hardware G1000 frame which would make the knob twiddling much easier.  I believe they are available, but still quite pricey.

Edited by RXP