Bobsk8

Ray Smith's scenery for P3D

I like to fly to different airports all the time in USA and Europe, for my VA. Sometimes I get to an airport, where the default scenery is really bad, like for instance where I just landed at LIRP in Italy. What I usually do then is to do a Google search on that Airport scenery, for FSX or P3D, and many times the scenery I find is designed by a person named Ray Smith. I would just like to comment on the quality of his Airport scenery, they are excellent . Usually for P3D, he always says that they are for FSX only, and I that is because the taxiways use reverse markings for FSX and P3D. So if you install his scenery  in P3D, many times the taxiways are covered in grass or non existent.  

You can download a free program called ADE 175  http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854     and while it seems intimidating at first, in a few minutes of reading and trying it out, it quickly resets the taxiway flags in his scenery, and you can just take the modified BGL that it has made, place it in the P3D add on folder, and you  have brand new scenery for that airport. I just did it now with LIRP, and the difference from the default is amazing. And it's free,  Took me about 5 minutes to download it, modify it for P3D and place it in the P3D add on folder. 

Probably most of you already know this, but figured it might be of benefit to users that don't,  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Robert Catherall has done a number of conversions of Ray Smith AFCADs for P3d V4 already, just search his name in the library.