Jovabra

No altitude capture durin a Vertical Speed mode

Hi all,

During a Vert Speed descent from flight level 330 to 6000 ft altitude the aircraft ignore the selected altitude. I am descending at -1800 ft
and the aircraft is going down to 0000 ft. A/P and A/T in command so a manual intervention was required. Just in time for a successful manual landing at
LYBE (Belgrade)
In my opnion the aircraft must changed from the Vert Speed mode to  Alt Hold at the selected altitude.

Regards Jo va Bra

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 minutes ago, Jovabra said:

Hi all,

During a Vert Speed descent from flight level 330 to 6000 ft altitude the aircraft ignore the selected altitude. I am descending at -1800 ft
and the aircraft is going down to 0000 ft. A/P and A/T in command so a manual intervention was required. Just in time for a successful manual landing at
LYBE (Belgrade)
In my opnion the aircraft must changed from the Vert Speed mode to  Alt Hold at the selected altitude.

Regards Jo va Bra

While this seems like a simple "why did it do this" it's not really? You sure the Altitude capture was armed?  Did you move the VS adjustment knob approaching the selected altitude to try and slow the descent rate?  If you did it's possible you canceled out the ALT HLD.  It's a common mistake for people just getting to know the aircraft.

I did not armed the Altitude Capture function. In my opinion is the Altitude Select window the "Boss" so not in this aircraft. The Altitude waring is audible that's all.
Other airplane different procedures.
Thanks for your info and regards
Jo va Bra