Sign in to follow this  
CD4000

DC6, X-Plane VR and AFE

The DC6 is seriously awesome to fly in X-Plane VR. With some of the new tools being developed by users there are fewer work-arounds required every week. One thing I can't work out how to do so far is start the AFE checklists by a command. Is anyone able to shed some light on how this might be possible? Sparker has just created a VR window that allows you to initiate a command - but what is the command to kick off the AFE actions? I've used DataRef Tool to try to find one but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Craig

Edited by CD4000
add name

I am afraid I don't know how X-Plane works, but if it's similar to P3d/FSX in the use of the popup 2D windows then use Fly Inside. It allows you to open and manipulate 2D windows such as FS popups and even w indows from Windows (like a PDF or browser window) into your VR cockpit. It's great for bringing in flight plans and charts as well. 

Noah Bryant

The DC6 is seriously awesome to fly in X-Plane VR. With some of the new tools being developed by users there are fewer work-arounds required every week. One thing I can't work out how to do so far is start the AFE checklists by a command. Is anyone able to shed some light on how this might be possible? Sparker has just created a VR window that allows you to initiate a command - but what is the command to kick off the AFE actions? I've used DataRef Tool to try to find one but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Craig

Hello Craig,

That's acutally quite easy though I've not tried it. Check the Introduction manual page 57 of the PDF (number 58 from the text).

You can go into X-Plane Keyboard section of the settings or with your controller choose to edit a button, and find PMDG DC-6 in the controls list and you should find an AI category which relates to the AFE.

Edited by wedgantilles
Missed the text and picture too big

Thank you! I didn't know that datrefs are not loaded until the aircraft is loaded. Obvious in hindsight.

Regards. Craig

Are you using Flyinside or native vr ?

Is there a update, because the original first version is not working with native vr.

sierens Enno

Edited by Es125