Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

partial panel backlighting drop out mid flight

Hi Everyone

Have recently installed the B738 in my P3DV4.1 and having some texture issues at night time.

The install was as administrator and the aircraft flies alright but at nightime, the the backlighting of the yaw damper, flaps indicator, rmi and crt controllers on the pilots side stop working mid flight.  The yaw damper, flaps indicator, rmi are just very dark unreadable areas on the panel and the CRT controls have no baclighting either but only on the captains side.

Should i uninstall and try again or has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

Regards

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

35 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

Hi Everyone

Have recently installed the B738 in my P3DV4.1 and having some texture issues at night time.

The install was as administrator and the aircraft flies alright but at nightime, the the backlighting of the yaw damper, flaps indicator, rmi and crt controllers on the pilots side stop working mid flight.  The yaw damper, flaps indicator, rmi are just very dark unreadable areas on the panel and the CRT controls have no baclighting either but only on the captains side.

Should i uninstall and try again or has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

Regards

Tim Carter

Tim,

This was a known issue in 4.1 and was due to a LM bug. This has been fixed in 4.2

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

OK thank you Chris, looks like i will have to update my P3D version.

Cheers

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

On 4/8/2018 at 11:53 AM, barramundilure said:

OK thank you Chris, looks like i will have to update my P3D version.

Cheers

Tim Carter

If you wish to keep your current 4.1 version, there is a workaround. As soon as the lights disappear go to P3D graphics settings and switch that mip-map-panel-whatever option on and off. Lights will reappear and keep working.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD