Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I got MCE a few months ago and it has really transformed flight sim, adding a whole new level of immersion. Interacting with this programme is alot of fun, although I've never really - or at least not consitently - got ATC to reply. Not that that has mattered much as I just ask CP to communicate with them instead. Just this week however, the CP has lost her hearing. So have the ground engineer and the flight crew. I can hear  them (co pilot still on sarcastic form) but nothing I say gets through. I've recalibrated my microphone and checked all sound systems (esp speech recognition) are working. When I start MCE I get a small window saying the "wizard could not start. Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel" Well, for everything else it is working. Also I can hear the MCE voices. I upgraded my video card last week, which is when the problem started, but I can't imagine that would cause this, would it? And why only with MCE?

Flight sim seems a bit two dimensional without crew now, and frustrating listening to them jabber without me being able to input. I'd really appreciate a bit of advice. I'm probably missing something really simple.

optimisticaly,

Jon

I would re install MCE. Let it go through the sound i.d. set up. If it still won't work I'd be stumped?:blush:

4 hours ago, Bear Bones said:

Hello,

When I start MCE I get a small window saying the "wizard could not start. Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel" 

Hi Jon.

The clue is in the above message.

You are assuming everything else is working because usually you only need audio OUT.

The issue appears to be with the Audio In device?

Have you installed all the drivers that came with your video card. You may have left that part unfinished.

What Windows version are you on?

Are you using a USB headset or a conventional one (with 3 mm audio jacks)?

Hello and thanks both for your swift replies.

I'm sorry I'm only now resonding. I had something come up which I couldn't ignore. 

I've checked the new card drivers and they're all present and correct; I've cheked the mic (headset 3.5mm jack) and speech recognition, all recording and levels set fine. I'm on windows 7, by the way. 

I've noticed this morning I've got MCE version 2.7.3.4 installed and the new one is 2.7.5.6, so I've taken David's advice and have uninstalled and will reinstall this newer one. Am I right to assume I just download the demo version and I'll be given the option to activate it with my purchase code? 

I've also had some updates from those kind people at Microsoft last week which knocked a couple of other things awry as they sometimes do... perhaps something happened there.

The odd thing is, just before they stopped being able to hear me, the CP would react and respond to commands as normal, just until the engines were started, then nowt thereafter. I'd still get CP commenting etc, but no commands got through.

When I've installed and tried this newer version, I'll post any progress.

Thanks again

Jon

13 hours ago, Bear Bones said:

Hello and thanks both for your swift replies.

I'm sorry I'm only now resonding. I had something come up which I couldn't ignore. 

I've checked the new card drivers and they're all present and correct; I've cheked the mic (headset 3.5mm jack) and speech recognition, all recording and levels set fine. I'm on windows 7, by the way. 

I've noticed this morning I've got MCE version 2.7.3.4 installed and the new one is 2.7.5.6, so I've taken David's advice and have uninstalled and will reinstall this newer one. Am I right to assume I just download the demo version and I'll be given the option to activate it with my purchase code? 

I've also had some updates from those kind people at Microsoft last week which knocked a couple of other things awry as they sometimes do... perhaps something happened there.

The odd thing is, just before they stopped being able to hear me, the CP would react and respond to commands as normal, just until the engines were started, then nowt thereafter. I'd still get CP commenting etc, but no commands got through.

When I've installed and tried this newer version, I'll post any progress.

Thanks again

Jon

You're welcome.

Since you're on a conventional headset, suggest you plug it to the back of the PC. Microphone to "Pink" connector, and headphone to Green one. Don't use the blue one. It's "Line In"

If still no go and you're on Win 7 x64 bit, it might be better to remove Realtek hi definition audio drivers via control Panel, restart machine and let Windows use its own digitally signed drivers for that device. Unless your built-in sound device is other than Realtek (90%+ devices fitted into motherboards these days are from Realtek)

Once again, I appreciate your timely advice.

I have pink and green headphone / mic 3.5mm sockets both front and back. I've been using the front these six months for ease, and it's been fine. I'll try the back ones to see if there's any diffference.

I am on Win 7 64 bit, so disabling the Realtek driver in favour of the Windows sound device is interesting and I'll certainly do that. I've just reinstalled the latest version of MCE now and will try it as is first, then if no co pilot joy, I'll give your ideas a go. Many thanks for all your help.

Jon

Good evening,

well I re installed MCE, did the speech training again and tried it out. Nowt. So I took your advice and disbled the realtek driver and left the windows one. I lost all sound altogether. But, while I was there I noticed there were two Nvidia audio drivers which must have arrived with the new graphics card, so I disabled them and re enabled the realtek one and Presto! eveything works brilliantly! better than before even - really. I don't have to repeat myself to the CP anymore and best of all, I can now communicate with ATC directly - first time ever, fantastic! I really enjoyed this software before, but now I know just what I've been missing. 

Thankyou so much for your help, I'm absolutely delighted. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to interview some new flight crew. 

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, Bear Bones said:

Good evening,

well I re installed MCE, did the speech training again and tried it out. Nowt. So I took your advice and disbled the realtek driver and left the windows one. I lost all sound altogether. But, while I was there I noticed there were two Nvidia audio drivers which must have arrived with the new graphics card, so I disabled them and re enabled the realtek one and Presto! eveything works brilliantly! better than before even - really. I don't have to repeat myself to the CP anymore and best of all, I can now communicate with ATC directly - first time ever, fantastic! I really enjoyed this software before, but now I know just what I've been missing. 

Thankyou so much for your help, I'm absolutely delighted. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to interview some new flight crew. 

Thanks for the accolade.

Enjoy the interview :smile: