Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

captain sim 757

Guest danielwilliams

what is the deal with trying to land the cs 757. im approaching any airport at around 170 kts and above, nose up about 15 degrees if not im stalling, tried flaps but zilch, trying to approach finals and im way too fast, but its all the aircraft can handle, if i slow down a little the plane just sinks too fast and eventually stalls cos the nose is too high. all through descent the nose seems to be raised, i actually went down 4000 fpm and the nose was a few degrees up ??????. have cs configured the weights incorrectly. i see 757's land everyday at LHR and the dont land like this. trust me. ive flown on many 75's and they seem stable and gracious when landing. this 757 is shaky beyond belief, is there another update or have i got to change things myself. i already did it once with posky's aircraft and it took ages.help anyone?

Jusrt curious - you mentioned that you " nose up about 15 degrees if not im stalling, tried flaps but zilch"... I would hope you always have some flaps out at 170 knots. Your nose will always be raised, if you were in a flat altitude then that is when one would question what is going on. Now that said, 15 degrees is very excessive so either you are not an expert on the 767 or the flight model is way off. What is your vref for landing? Is there a working FMC on that bird yet? How heavy are you when trying to land?Remember that the more flaps you have out the slower you can fly without stalling. Try slowing to your landing ref with your selected flaps for landing, I suspect that your pitch angle will decrese greatly. ...............Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

>what is the deal with trying to land the cs 757. im>approaching any airport at around 170 kts and above, nose up>about 15 degrees if not im stalling, tried flaps but zilch,>trying to approach finals and im way too fast, but its all the>aircraft can handle, if i slow down a little the plane just>sinks too fast and eventually stalls cos the nose is too high.>all through descent the nose seems to be raised, i actually>went down 4000 fpm and the nose was a few degrees up ??????.>have cs configured the weights incorrectly. i see 757's land>everyday at LHR and the dont land like this. trust me. ive>flown on many 75's and they seem stable and gracious when>landing. this 757 is shaky beyond belief, is there another>update or have i got to change things myself. i already did it>once with posky's aircraft and it took ages.>>help anyone?the flight dynamics are wrong. you either replace them, or wait for their block in which you can buy the proper ones.simple. that's your problem.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Is there a replacement dynamic file anywhere ? I wont be buying a block, as I've said before at 30+ I'm a little too old to be playing with blocks.. and if I was that way inclined, I'll buy Lego.Ash

He, he funny analogy. Problem is you already have bought some Lego blocks, and without the rest of them you only have half a toy ;-).Looking forward to the next block, I think it's gonna be a very nice 757 ...Eagle

Well, I have this bird, with the freeware panel that is designed to work with it, and havn't had one prob landing this bird. Im ususally set up at 6-8 miles final, 160knts, full flaps and about 2-5 degrees pitch...smooth landing every time. Not sure what to tell ya.>He, he funny analogy. Problem is you already have bought some>Lego blocks, and without the rest of them you only have half a>toy ;-).>>Looking forward to the next block, I think it's gonna be a>very nice 757 ...>>Eagle

>Well, I have this bird, with the freeware panel that is>designed to work with it, and havn't had one prob landing this>bird. Im ususally set up at 6-8 miles final, 160knts, full>flaps and about 2-5 degrees pitch...smooth landing every time.> Roger that!

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

CS flight dynamics are fine.Fly your approach with a 3 degree nose up pitch (not 15 degrees nose up) at 140 KIAS, and power reduced to 75% N2 (that's the lower of the 2 displays located at the center of the panel) with full flaps.