Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Another question about using more than one controller

I am new to this wonderful program. Using in FSX. I do not use FSUIPC. When I first set it up, I assigned axes and buttons to my Logitech Gamepad controller and set about making my camera views.  That included panning functions which worked fine. Then I discovered that I have to assign views including panning functions to my Saitek Yoke hat switch to use in the simulator. I deleted the POV assignments on my Yoke in FSX  to avoid conflict. Now interestingly when I went to program the POV Hat switch on my Yoke in Chaseplane, I realized that the buttons were already assigned to the Gamepad, and searching the forum, it appears that multiple controllers are not supported. I went ahead and reassigned the buttons to my Yoke, assuming that I would lose the POV functionality to look around on my Gamepad, but to my surprise that  did not happen. That is to say I can independently use the Gamepad and Hat switch to look around in the sim. But at the same time, I can no longer see in Chaseplane Gamepad assignments which were also assigned to the Yoke, and it appears that assignments I see are a mixture of the two controllers. This could make reassigning buttons between the two challenging.

Is this as expected? Or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Clark

You shouldn't be able to keep multiple button assignments like this. If it works, it's a bug and we will research the issue.

We will be implementing multi-joystick support post-v1 but we aren't there yet. This will require a rewrite of the Controls system but it's going to be worth it in the long run.

An alternative would be to use vJoy with UCR to map both joystick buttons to a single button.

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

For me it seems to work at this time. I understand about future development of the supported capability, and will enjoy the bug as a nice feature and not change anything for now with regard to overwriting Gamepad or reprogramming the Gamepad keys since  I am set up OK. I use the Gamepad to correct for that error in viewpoint that I think is tied to global position and makes it hard to keep the PMDG 737 HUD display fully  visible without correcting for these intrinsic viewpoint  position changes when starting a flight in different locations.

Greg 

Greg Clark