Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

Assigning a key for mute

On 3/22/2019 at 12:19 AM, vadriver said:

gerald

you might recall our recent discussion on "numlock vs scrollloack" mute options & wherein I mentioned lack of success with joystick direct.

firstly my "specs" ...... W764, P3DV4.4, PMDG, VOXATC & MCE.

having assigned the PTT to Logitech Pro3D button 0, I follow your notes, noting that the button shown in mce.ini is button 1 (not zero).

The end result is I can communicate with VOXATC but it is still heard by MCE.

It surprises me that above others report success but then there is little detail noted about which versions were involved & it was early days for P3D4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

To use PTT with Vatsim, Vox or other ATC systems, assign a <EMD> key event down and a <END> key up event to your joystick button 1 (or 0) via FSUIPC.

Not DELETE, as that one although disables MCE reco for FO interaction, it also enables ATC commands. The <END> key mutes everything when held down.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, FS++ said:

To use PTT with Vatsim, Vox or other ATC

gerald

thanks for that note ...... i was however hoping to hear how to solve that "joystick direct" (apparent) issue whereby vox & mce call different button ID's for the same physical button.

I also notice with your suggestion that the VoxAtc key ID is different to the ASCII ID for the <END> key .... hence (?) it hasn't worked either.

Again, I am thinking this is "recent" issue in that most previous success with the above was wit VoxAtc v6 (32 bit)

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/25/2019 at 3:34 AM, vadriver said:

gerald

thanks for that note ...... i was however hoping to hear how to solve that "joystick direct" (apparent) issue whereby vox & mce call different button ID's for the same physical button.

I also notice with your suggestion that the VoxAtc key ID is different to the ASCII ID for the <END> key .... hence (?) it hasn't worked either.

Again, I am thinking this is "recent" issue in that most previous success with the above was wit VoxAtc v6 (32 bit)

This new package will allow you to use the "ScrollLock" the same way as "NumLock". Keyboard light ON means MCE speech reco suspended as before.

Also in this package, those who like to stare at the checklist section when FO is reading it, will find it easier to follow as the relevant section is displayed in much bigger font, with all others removed.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, FS++ said:

the "ScrollLock" the same way as "NumLock".

Gerald

Thanks ...... a big "plus" for me & "easier" to sequence with other assignments.

for now, cheers

john martin