Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

What is with Payware addons these days?

You may be making some inaccurate assumptions about payware development. First, no one goes into the add-on business to make a living. A piece of software may sell 3,000 copies at $30 per, and so gross $90,000 to be split six or eight ways following a period of a year to two years of development. And this says nothing of the costs of development and marketing.The developers we deal with most commonly may be professional in the way they do business, but for the most part, these are people working in their dens and dining rooms, and what they get as compensation goes nowhere near far enough to cover the aggravation that comes with the territory. In truth, the effort they put into creating the complex systems emulation that the market often demands ought to earn many of them far more than it does; a single aircraft with complex systems is likely to be priced far below what it's worth because of what the market will bear.It's a free-market economy, and developers should not be faulted for updating existing well-made software in the process of creating different-but-similar packaging, then setting a price that compares with similar offerings on the market.Regards,Kurt

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Good grief...http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

How many payware-bashing threads do we need? I have seen a fair share over the last couple of weeks and, quite frankly, I am getting a tad tired of it. If you don't like it, don't buy it - that's usually the best 'message' that you can get out.Best,Pat

Guest jboweruk

I'd have to disagree about the Legacy being a simple upgrade of the ERJ145, The 145 for one thing is not a business jet, it's a regional transport, if somebody brought out the Airbus A320 would you say then that the A321 is just an upgrade based on that fact it's a similar plane?

Guest gdafc

>Garry,>>Since you have a personal vendetta against feelthere and you>grab any opportunity to bash them it's irrevelant what you>think about FT. >You had an issue on their forum why they banned you from there>(in fact I don't remeber feelThere banning anyone else) and>I'm sure you are looking for every single opportunity to turn>people from them. I'm glad to see the Legeacy got some nice>feedback AFTER it's been released from people who actually>bought it. I'm sure you are not one of them so I wonder how>can you express your oppinion about it. People are looking for>feedback about the plane to decide to buy it or not. Your>bloodthirsty post will not help them. >I'm sure you like to see feelthere going out of business (just>like many of us celebrated the fact they banned you from their>forum) but if you search any developer's forum you'll see guys>like yourself wishing the end of the certain company however>if your wish would come true we would be here without payware>companies.>I don't have the Legacy (yet) however I suggest the people who>wish to buy it to make sure to read feedbacks from people who>actually bought the product not from a person who with his>attitude forced a company (after several request made by other>forum members) to ban him from the forum to be able to>maintain a professional level support forum.>>QloverTalking about rubbish posts!!!I was not banned I asked to be removed on several occasions have a look through and you will see.The reason, some weirdo was stalking me on that and many other forums, pehaps it is you? You seem just as weird.Garry

Guest gdafc

>>Feelthere have overlooked some significant and inherent>>failings in all of there products to date and judging my>>issues on their forums it doesn't look like things are going>>to improve.>>>>Support was once good and fair, now they are more concerned>>with answers such as "search the forum" or "sign your post">or>>if all else fails people are totally ignored.>>>>There Navdata is below poor, it is incomplete, extremely>>difficult to add procedures to, those talented enough to be>>able to do so are even now being ignored/complained to by>>Victor despite him almost begging people to add to the>>procedures to make the database better, of late it has>become>>worse.>>>>Repaints, just look at the T7 a very well regarded painter>has>>posted to the effect that no repaints will be made for it>due>>to the current paint kit.>>>>Nothing is finished, everything is done on the cheap. (No>>FSUIPC intergration, they use WILCO!!!) >>>>Whilst every company needs to expand, expanding some things>>whilst not others is surely going to be there downfall (Or>>maybe it will give them a Kick up the A*S) >>>>As for the original question, it is all money, money, money>>and nothing else from companies like Feelthere. Luckily some>>of the big ones are just not like them, they are big for a>>good reason.>>>>>>Garry>>There is so much rubbish here in this post, it's not even>worth responding to. Support at feel there is excellent, with>Victor assembling all the bug reports for the just-released>Legacy, which, as I've said before, is several steps above>their ERJ 145 PIC.>>I don't see how you can say that the Legacy was done on the>cheap. Here is a quick comparison to the original ERJ>>1) Original ERJ: poor ground handling and steering>>1a) Fixed on the Legacy>>2) Original ERJ: lower rez 2d and 3d panel>>2a) Fixed on the Legacy>>3) Original ERJ: Lousy framerates, especially in the virtual>cockpit. >>3a) Fixed on the Legacy: much improved framerates.>>4) Original ERJ: No IRS alignment possible, no weather radar,>etc. >>4a) Both now available on the Legacy.>>5) Original ERJ: no speed callouts.>>5a) Legacy: now available.>>6) Original ERJ: funky integration with fsuipc.>>6a) Legacy: works better>>7) Original ERJ: speed hold during cruise difficult.>>7a) Much improved on the Legacy. In addition, an autothrottle>cheat available for long range cruise. >>8) Original ERJ: Handflying serviceable/not great.>>8a) Legacy: Handflying much improved on the Legacy. >>etc. etc. etc. >>I'm never shy in criticizing addon developers, but let's give>credit where credit is due. >>ricardo>Ricardo, A good idea to read a post before criticising it! I never once mentioned the Legacy as it was not even released when I posted, so how could I?All you have done is compared the ERJ 145 to the Legacy, what about the 737 (Better now.) What about the caravan? What about Wilco??? What about the Navdata Base??? You have only mentioned the legacy nothing else. If you want to get down to finer details then yes I will, but not on this thread.If there was so much rubbish in my post why did you reply?Anyway I won't write too much as I am sure you won't read it anyway.Have a good day at school tomorrow.:-8 Regards.

Guest monsoon

PMDG 737-600/700 - 39.95PMDG 737-800/900 - 27.95There for you comparison with the 320 and 321 the same comparison as the pmdg. see the price difference because the 800/900 was and upgrade BUT PMDG also upgraded the 600/700 when you got the 800/900. And I know the 145 isn't a business jet. That point is not valid either. That is like saying the 737-700 is nothing like a 737 BBJ when in fat the 2 are the same. There is a LOT of similarities between the Legacy and the ERJ. Even Vic said a lot of the manual for the ERJ would pertain to the Legacy.

Guest monsoon

Basing who is bashing? Epressing opinions is what i see. just like i think the mercedes smart car is overpriced? that is what you call bashing? what is your definition of opinion then?

This is clearly bashing. The thing isn't even released yet but his opinion that it's a piece of crap that's just a souped up older addon that was a piece of crap is already set.He even starts his diatribe with screaming "RANT"...Some people just have an agenda against a company (or against payware in general) and this perfectly fits the MO of such people.

Guest monsoon

WHATEVER when you are referring to "he", that IS me. I NEVER said the legacy is a piece of crap.READ MY POSTS. I actually said it was a good addon. And i dont have an agenda against FT. I have bought their CRJ,737,and Legacy. Sound like I have something against them yet? Quit putting words in peoples mouth. The "RANT" WAS AGAINST PRICING NOT QUALITY. I am not even going to argue with you. It seems pointless.

Guest k7ltf

Cloud 9 in my opinion seems to have a similar attitude - read the manual, we are not interested in supporting the customer and their concerns - we just work here. I think that kinda attitude is a shame - at some point you will lose your customer base after a while. Also I think a bigger problem or maybe about the same is that when you try and ask a direct question you don't quite get the answer you needed. It could be communication skills or more likely ESL issues.Zach Bender K7LTF

I really dont like the idea of draining my system resources to eye-candy features I dont need. My FSX is battling already trying to solve AI-traffic, moving gates, service vehicles, moving waves, blooming lights etc. I want to be the pilot - not an airline manager. Give me a realistic model, working systems AND fluid motion!:(

>I really dont like the idea of draining my system resources>to eye-candy features I dont need. My FSX is battling already>trying to solve AI-traffic, moving gates, service vehicles,>moving waves, blooming lights etc. I want to be the pilot ->not an airline manager. Give me a realistic model, working>systems AND fluid motion!>>:( Maybe you didn't notice but this topic is really old from 2006 :-lol Andr

André

I don't see it as bashing...These are legitimate problems...I agree, I'd rather have VC details and realism than a virtual cabin....if you're checking out the flight attendant you're prolly already on your way into the ground LOL!!I don't know, some people will turn on the autopilot and flirt a bit lol - I guess a V cabin adds realism..but yeah, I'd rather waste FPS on VC and systems modeling...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |