Sign in to follow this  
lonz1988

Inches of Mercury?!?!

Can anybody tell me if there is a mod to change the altimeter to read hectopascals as apposed to inches of mercury.

I find it bizarre that carenado have done this considering the quantities read in kilos!?!?

Cheers

Lonz

Active Sky displays both, so I just use the value given there.

Peter

Perhaps it should be based on the world region from which you purchase an aircraft.  Here in the USA inches of mercury is still the standard. And not just for aviation.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Perhaps it should be based on the world region from which you purchase an aircraft.  Here in the USA inches of mercury is still the standard. And not just for aviation.

Hi fppilot,

The USA uses imperial too etc pounds instead of kilos, how does it make sense to interchange like carenado have done?!?

1 minute ago, BrunoAlexander said:

If you move your mouse pointer over the altimeter knob (Tooltip), it shows you both.

Alexander

Alexander,

I have tooltips switched off, I dont really want to switch it on either, would much prefer a new gauge.

Cheers

Lonz 

1 hour ago, BrunoAlexander said:

f you move your mouse pointer over the altimeter knob (Tooltip), it shows you both.

Alexander

MIlviz is doing the same.  Tooltip shows millibars, gauge window shows inches.  Nice touch.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere