Sign in to follow this  
ritchbou

PMDG 737 view captain seat

Hello Pilots.

Why when I am starting a flight at captain seat my view look completly down ??? I cant see the taxiway ??? I have to press - and then it focus back   is it normal ??

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the AVSIM forum !

If you are using EZCA, it's because your first view in the list (top of the list)  isn't the pilot forward view. Move you pilot forward view to the top of the list.

Mike

Hello Hi

I have not install EZCA yet :( I am just reconnect with the sim after some years .

So you tell me that without EZCA I wont be able to see clearly in front of my plane ? beacause now with PMDG 737 the view I have when I press 0 on the key pad its almost in front of the nose of the plane :( I have to press - some times until it reach 0.50 OR 0.40 zoom and that affect my landing view :(

Thanks

7 hours ago, ritchbou said:

I have to press - some times until it reach 0.50 OR 0.40 zoom and that affect my landing view :( 

Somehow you managed to get your default COCKPIT Instrument Panel EYEPOINT view screwed up.  But in any case.....

1.  Quit using the "-" key to try to fix it.  That key (along with the "+" key") moves the ENTIRE view (both the OUTSIDE and COCKPIT view) in or out at the same time.  Only use the "+" or "-" keys to adjust the OUTSIDE view (the "zoom level") FIRST.  Then...

2.  Use the EYEPOINT keyboard combination adjustments to move ONLY the cockpit Instrument Panel on your monitor.  There are 6 of them (Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward, Backward).  They will move your Instrument Panel around on your screen, without changing your outside view "zoom level" (the 0.50, 0.40. etc your refer to). Look in the Keyboard Commands to see what the 6 keyboard combinations are to do the EYEPOINT only Instrument Panel moves.  That will stop "affect(ing) your (outside) landing view ;( "

Rick Ryan

9 hours ago, ritchbou said:

So you tell me that without EZCA I wont be able to see clearly in front of my plane ?

No.  You will be able to see in front without EZCA.. Follow Rick's instructions above to adjust your view if you don't have any camera addon installed.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:23 AM, ritchbou said:

Hello Pilots.

Why when I am starting a flight at captain seat my view look completly down ??? I cant see the taxiway ??? I have to press - and then it focus back   is it normal ??

Thanks

have  you  entered    i think its  WideViewAspect=True in  your fsx. cfg ( In  the  display section)  beside  this  is  all explained  in the introduction  manual well worth having  a look. Just  a reminder  its  pmdg  rules  that you enter  your  full name  to each of  your  posts  otherwise  you run the risk  of  them being  deleted

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg