Sign in to follow this  
pete_agreatguy

PMDG 737 Panel State issue (logo light not working unless...)

Hi all,

I've installed 737-600/700/800/900 with model update.

I have a panel state issue upon initial load into FS9 with all liveries. Everything works fine except for the logo light not working. i.e. The tail logo doesn't light up.

However, if I load the default 737-700 cold and dark flight from select a flight, go through the checklists to power up using either APU or Ground Power; this then fixes the issue of the logo light not working, including on all liveries (i.e. without exiting FS9, creating a new flight).

Is there a way for me to save the panel state for the 737? Thank you in advance for any help on this.

EDIT: Resolved (solution below)

Found out that you cannot save the panel state for the 737 series. PMDG Source. So I've found a temporary solution for myself. I'll write it here for others if they have this issue and want to resolve it too ...

1) Load FS9

2) Choose "Select a Flight"

3) In the list choose PMDG > 737-700 cold and dark

4) Once the flight has loaded (the aircraft will be in a default cold and dark state) ...

Press the alt key > World > Go to Airport ... load an airport you want to start at usually (call it your home airport) ... don't bother changing the time once you are at your home airport in a cold and dark state (as you will probably always change this anyway).

5) Once loaded at your home airport, go through the checklist in the aircraft to a panel state you are comfortable with in starting at in every flight; i.e. a panel state where you are at a point in the checklist you are comfortable at starting at for every flight you do.

For me I went through the checklist up until FMC entries prior to PUSHBACK & START. However I have to change or update the following:

a. OVHD > Set cruise altitude and destination airport elevation
b. OVHD > Fuel pumps check (dependant on fuel load)
c. OVHD > Start APU or select Ground Power (checking of electrical systems)
d. OVHD > APU bleed switch ON/OFF (for starting engines)
e. OVHD > double check YAW is set to ON
e. MCP > Course, Heading (runway), initial ATC altitude cleared to, VNAV, LNAV, double check AUTOBRAKE setting RTO, initial Speed, Flight Director ON etc ...
f. Then continue checklist's from FMC entries, then PUSHBACK and Engine Start.

6) Save the flight (press alt key > Flight > Save as ... Name it PMDG 737 Custom start > tick the box "make default flight".

7) Now everytime you load FS9 to do a flight, it will load the above default state for the PMDG 737.

Once FS9 has loaded, you MUST click Fly Now so it loads the flight above.

Once loaded, you can then create a new flight as you would normally, noting that you have to start from the following checklist (as mentioned in step 5 above).

Edited by pete_agreatguy
found a solution to my issue