Sign in to follow this  
ultron77

Departure runway

Hello,

my problem still is that P2A by using Auto Plan in most cases uses a different departure runway than X Plane's KI-planes 

In many cases the arrival runway is the opposite runway (for example P2A says departure runway 09L, and X Plane uses the arrival runway 27R).

No matter which weather source I use. 

So there are different active runways and I always have to select the active runway and sid manually. 

Is there a way to syncronise P2A and X Plane?

No, not really.  If you use NOAA weather in P2A and Realtime Weather in X-Plane, it gives you a better chance of having the same runways.  However, if winds are light, then the SIM may pick any runway and P2A may pick the opposite runway.  You can set preferred runways in the TaxiMnt screen so that in light winds, P2A will favor those runways.

Dave

ok, thank you, I will check this!

But is it not possible to check any X Plane parameter in order to use the same runway at Auto Plan? 

No, unfortunately the SIMs don't allow you to pick the AI Traffic runway as far as I know.

However, you can start the SIM and observe what runway the AI Traffic is using.  Then set the P2A option to Force Pilot Runway Selection.  If AutoPlan gives you the wrong runway, you can manually change  the SID to the correct runway and then ATC will use the SID runway for your departure.

Dave

If your AI in X-Plane is WT3 then you can create an operations file and only assign one runway direction for calm winds to match a selection you make in TaxiMnt.  See if that works for you.

Thanks for the hint! But I use the X-Plane KI planes because P2A takes these into account when generating ATC announcements. WT3 planes are only "ghosts" for P2A.

Edited by ultron77