Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

Regional AI for P3Dv4

I’ve been looking into enhancing the AI in my P3D environment, but would like to limit the AI traffic to the airports in my region, i.e. Mid-Atlantic & New England. I have read a lot on how to focus on specifc airlines, but haven’t seen much on airports.

The AI packages I’d like to use would be either UTlive and/or AI Flight Planner, or a combination of the two.

Any help and insight would by much appreciated.

Mike

Edited by orbmis

Why you want to limit the AI to certain geographical regions? Or otherwise: as long as you use an AI Software not depending on .bgl files (such as WOAI, MyTraffic etc.), your AI is anyway only loaded within a certain range around your plane. My UT2 for example does this, UTLive as well. And I guess also with .bgl based traffic, this would not make any difference. The performance impact is minimal. And also with .bgl based traffic, the AI models representing the traffic are only loaded within a bubble around your plane. Means: although the .bgl based traffic from a region on the other side of the globe is initially loaded, the AI models are only displayed if they are close to your plane (within the bubble).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS