Sign in to follow this  
Rayhan Maulana Ahmada

Which is better? V4 or V3

13 hours ago, PurdueKev said:

With all due respect, Youtube videos are not an effective way to compare software performance.

I was not referring to performance but rather the eye-candid mentioned earlier : new ground polys, materials, dynamic lighting etc.

I respect your opinion, please respect mine, I have no problem with P3Dv3 and addons, since with v4 it is only headache: FSLabs A320, EzDok, WX radar, CaptSim, etc.

If you think  "by far V4 is the most stable and polished of any of the ESP-based simulators"  check here in ASVIM the "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum" and see who is the champion in CTDs, crashes, freezes, etc. Take a look now please...

Rgds,

Hamilton Müller

34 minutes ago, hmuller said:

I was not referring to performance but rather the eye-candid mentioned earlier : new ground polys, materials, dynamic lighting etc.

I respect your opinion, please respect mine, I have no problem with P3Dv3 and addons, since with v4 it is only headache: FSLabs A320, EzDok, WX radar, CaptSim, etc.

If you think  "by far V4 is the most stable and polished of any of the ESP-based simulators"  check here in ASVIM the "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum" and see who is the champion in CTDs, crashes, freezes, etc. Take a look now please...

Rgds,

I gave up a long time ago trying to defend version 3. Some on the forum act like V4 is better than sliced bread, despite numerous posting of issues experienced by users. I just fly every day for at least 3 hours or more with zero problems. Guess I must be doing something wrong.  😂

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

V4 all the way for me.  The mere fact that I never have an OOM crash makes it more stable than v3 for me.

Don’t get me wrong, v3 was very good and if v4 didn’t exist I’d still be happily using v3, but since installing v4 I’ve never looked back.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I gave up a long time ago trying to defend version 3. Some on the forum act like V4 is better than sliced bread, despite numerous posting of issues experienced by users. I just fly every day for at least 3 hours or more with zero problems. Guess I must be doing something wrong.  😂

Same here, zero problems with P3D v3. 👍 

Hamilton Müller