hrjrkr

Giving an aircraft away

I have a PMDG aircraft I never use any more because I don't fly that simulator and it can only be flown on that simulator. Is it legal for me to give away my aircraft with the licence number to someone else?

Thanks

Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

13 minutes ago, hrjrkr said:

I have a PMDG aircraft I never use any more because I don't fly that simulator and it can only be flown on that simulator. Is it legal for me to give away my aircraft with the licence number to someone else?

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

No you are not allowed to do it. As per the EULA you can only use it, the license is not transferable to another person.

Stupid rule. I once heard someone here say we technically lease the product when we buy it, well I'm ready to give it back, can I have some money back? Nothing stopping me selling my DVD copy NGX though is there? 

Ohhh I think I’m gonna grab my cocktail, light up my cigar and watch the show from here. This is going to be good! 😜

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

Stupid rule. I once heard someone here say we technically lease the product when we buy it, well I'm ready to give it back, can I have some money back? Nothing stopping me selling my DVD copy NGX though is there? 

I suggest you read the EULA and the following knowledge base article https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a121/pmdg-pricing-and-license-policies.aspx

Edited by Olympic260