Sign in to follow this  
Christian Mersch

LevelD 767 without shadows in Cockpit Front View

Hello folks,

I am using the LevelD 767-300ER together with the Zinertecks HD textures for this addon and of course with Steves DX10 fixer. I have no trouble with all the other addons like PMDG 737 and 777, Aerosoft A319, etc but in the LevelD the cockpit shadows are only working by side view. If I look front to the Main Panel, all shadows are dissapearing. Looking to left or right in the cockpit, the shadows are there, looking great. But no shadows in front view in the cockpit.....Is there any solution with this issue ?  

Greetings 

Christian

I was hoping that someone might have replied by now as I don’t have this aircraft.

My guess would be that you don’t see shadows on the panel but do see on the window frames and on the floor looking forward.  My guess would then be that in the model the panel has been created as a flat shape with alpha cutouts for dials and mfds determined by the texture and not as a 3D shape.  Fsx won’t show shadows on transparent surfaces as it would make the windows look bad.

if I am correct then there is nothing that you can do, it’s a feature of the aircraft.

Steve thanks for the reply ! Yes, you are right. The shadows are on the ground and also left and right, but they dissappear in Front View. But by the way: Thank you for your great work, making FSX to FSX 2.0 pro ! Love the shadows in the other aircrafts, also the cloud shadows ......Great work and great support !

Perhaps it is the new panel texture by Zynertec( Payware frim Simmarket), they replace the original one from LevelD. The new textures are great, so I reactivated the old plane and love it again ! An old one but with the new HD textures a great new one.....what a pity shadows are not working on it....

Greetings

Christian