Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

P3D v4.2 CTD ucrtbase.dll

Hi,

Just loaded flight P3Dv4, default FsLab A320 (no livery) and was at Default SBGL scenery at night then got CTD,Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll. It´s odd because the crash occurs only with P3Dv4, with the SAME situation (acft,scenery,time,etc.) running the P3Dv3 no problems or crashes.

Rgds

Hamilton Müller

4 hours ago, hmuller said:

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll

Does it do it without the default FSLab A320, default scenery, default dll.xml (located in the same folder as the scenery.cfg; another one, not default, in the same folder as the P3D.cfg).  No.  It is not the default of P3D.  It is the fault of one of your add-ons and/or one of the modules they install for their program that is loaded by one of the two dll.xml's.  It is a frustrating error for sure as I have gotten it many times and I have fixed it more than a few times as I add more Carenado aircraft.  Think I had it a couple of times when running Synthetic Vision System which was not installed properly.  It pops up here and there.  When you install a new Carenado aircraft, it adds the entry CMeteoxml.dll again.  It is a weather radar of some sorts I've heard and it is not documented anywhere.  I had it loaded many, many times without the ucrtbase.dll error but then, one day, I tried to fly in one of those nasty thunderstorms that rip up the East Coast occasionally.  It was pouring outside and decided to fly from KIAD to KCLT.  Got the ucrtbase error immediately.  My P3DV4.2 had been running perfectly on previous flight sessions.  At first I thought it was ASP4 because, if I uninstalled ASP4, no crash (but then no weather too!!).  I spent 3-4 days troubleshooting with no success so sent a report to HiFi.  Almost immediately after I had done that I remembered I had not disabled my dll.xml's as I had written in the AVSIM CTD Guide so disabled them and, with ASP4, no crash!!  No ucrtbase error!  So I had to immediately pull my trouble report at HiFi.  I had problems with the CMeteoxml before so disabled it in the dll.xml, restarted P3D with everything else loading and no crash.  I think the reason why it never caused the crash on previous successful flight sessions was the fact there was no nasty weather loaded.  I think the nasty weather does something to this weather gauge.  Nice weather or with just a little rain, will not hurt this module.  Nasty weather will and it will remain until unloaded.

Remember, P3D when run just after first installing the product with no addons will run perfectly w/o any crashes (with default settings too).  You start adding addons and things to South very fast if not careful.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

15 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Remember, P3D when run just after first installing the product with no addons will run perfectly w/o any crashes (with default settings too).  You start adding addons and things to South very fast if not careful.

Yes indeed Jim .The odd thing is that I also have 3 PMDG acfts and Leonardo`s Maddog and with the same flight, SAME situation (scenery,time,etc.) NO ucrtbase.dll Crash, but if I load FSLabs A320 it crashes,that is, the problem is only loading FSLabs A320.

Thanks,I´m gonna check those dll.xml's.

Rgds,

Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

If everyone was posting with the same crash when using the FSLabs A320 I would guess there is a problem but you seem to be the only one having this issue with the A320.  Every module in the dll.xml loads when enabled whether you want it to or not.  So any of those modules can cause this crash.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

If everyone was posting with the same crash when using the FSLabs A320 I would guess there is a problem but you seem to be the only one having this issue with the A320.  Every module in the dll.xml loads when enabled whether you want it to or not.  So any of those modules can cause this crash.

No Jim,not only me. There are several posts here (Avsim), Simflight, FSLabs Forum, etc about ucrtbase.dll crash (just google it and you´ll see).

The FSLabs support pointed me a fix that work with several users that is switching off other audio-input devices than the one are using, but it didn´t work for me either. I´m posting now because I started to use P3Dv4 less than two weeks ago and,as I said, no problems with this situation &FSLabs A320 with P3Dv3.

Hamilton Müller

You can believe I have Googled the ucrtbase.dll error many times.  I do not own the FSLabs A320 but have gotten the error many times and it is a common error here.  It is a Windows system file belonging to Microsoft Visual C++ packages.  As I have stated in the past, Microsoft Visual C++ packages are used by developers to make sure their products are installed in P3D (or FSX) as intended by the developer.  The dll replaced the MSVCRXX.dll modules that use to be part of Microsoft Visual Studio packages (see page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide) (heard Microsoft thought the MSVCRXX modules were confusing everyone when they showed up as a crash so they replaced them with the ucrtbase.dll).  You should follow the suggestions for the MSVCR errors as shown in the guide.  One reason why FSLabs 320 is working for you in P3Dv3 (a 32-bit application) and not in P3DV4 (a 64-bit application) is the fact you may not have the proper 64 bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ installed.  For my Microsoft Visual installations, I have both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions installed.  The ucrtbase error occurs in Windows programs and other non-flight simulation programs frequently.  It is not just centered on FS products but there are a lot of known solutions for some of the ucrtbase errors that occur when running FSX or P3D.  My solution above is just one out of many.  This error is getting about as much attention as the infamous G3D.dll error that occurred in FSX several years ago and the only solution was the developer of the FSUIPC updated his utility to trap the G3D error so that the simulator could continue to run.  Unexplained CTD's are frustrating especially when there is no one fix that works for all.  Good luck in finding a fix for your problem.

Submit News to AVSIM

15 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This error is getting about as much attention as the infamous G3D.dll error that occurred in FSX several years ago and the only solution was the developer of the FSUIPC updated his utility to trap the G3D error so that the simulator could continue to run. 

Oh yes, I remember that infamous G3D.dll...  

"Good luck in finding a fix for your problem."

Thank you!

Hamilton Müller

On 5/15/2018 at 7:02 PM, Jim Young said:

Does it do it without the default FSLab A320, default scenery, default dll.xml (located in the same folder as the scenery.cfg; another one, not default, in the same folder as the P3D.cfg).  No.  It is not the default of P3D.  It is the fault of one of your add-ons and/or one of the modules they install for their program that is loaded by one of the two dll.xml's. 

Dear Mr Young,

Since our last talk,I confess that I kept these sentences above in my head...

Today I resolved to solve the problem,I uninstalled all my P3D v4 stuff (Planes, FSUIPC, ORBX stuff, sceneries, AI Traffics, etc.), then uninstall P3D v4 and cleaned everything about it in the registry, reboot and installed P3D v4 from scratch. After ashort test flight, shut down, restart the PC and install FSLabs A320 (last version with last version of SpotLights as well).

Guest what ??

A painful ucrtbase.dll crash 

My friend, I had already deleted all folders relating to the previous installation (%PROGRAMDATA%\,%LOCALAPPDATA%\%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4,%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files,etc,etc. ) and I don´t have anything else installed, nothing...

This is so frustrating... the consolation is that there are more than 11 pages in the FSLabs Support Forum titled  "ucrtbase.dll CTD" , so I´m not alone...

Well, I wanted to pass this feedback to you and the other users.

Best Regards,

Hamilton Müller

Hamilton Müller

Just because there are 11 pages in the FS Labs Support Forum regarding the ucrtbase.dll CTD does not mean the cause of the ucrtbase.dll CTD was the FS Labs aircraft. There are thousands of others who own this aircraft and do not get this error.  Heck, you can go to the P3D Forums at Lockheed and see pages of the ucrtbase.dll CTD in those forums too.  You have an installation problem and Microsoft.net is telling you you have something not installed properly as required by one of the Microsoft Visuals (the program that developers use to install their products).  This faulting module, ucrtbase.dll, use to be called MSVCR12.dll but Microsoft changed it to ucrtbase.dll as people use to get the MSVCR80.dll error too and it confused everyone.  You do have all of your Microsoft Visuals from 2005 to the present installed don't you?  Many programs used really old Microsoft Visuals to install their programs and many are trying their hardest to get them installed into P3DV4 and they do not fit properly as they are incompatible and the developer needs to update them to be compatible with P3DV4.  Even the silly FSUIPC5 utility will throw this error if it is not up-to-date or not compatible with an addon.

The fact it works in P3DV3, a 32-bit program, may be a clue and indicate you do not have the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Visuals installed.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim! So in other words, the ucrtbase.dll error is not usually related to too high settings? 

Lyonel Aguilar

Problem seems to disappear after uninstalling latest win10 update. Actually happened many times before with other similar problems. Seems to be a universal solution.