Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

CDU key pad light?

How do you light the key pad on the CDU? I know where the brightness switch for the screen is but apparently the key pad is not lit.

Vic green

12 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

How do you light the key pad on the CDU? I know where the brightness switch for the screen is but apparently the key pad is not lit.

Panel backlighting. Pedestal lighting is up on the overhead (lower left, if I'm recalling it correctly). If it's not that, then there's a knob over on the left side of the glareshield (capt; or right for FO) that might drive it. Either way, it's the backlighting knobs for the deck in general.

EDIT/NOTE: This is in-line with the flight deck lighting methodology in general: backlighting, flood lighting, and screen brightness. The first two aren't divided up be individual resource (single CDU); they're grouped into entire sections. Screens are individual.

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers