Sign in to follow this  
krewdawg

Looking for strictly "FSX' helicopters.......help!

I am looking for only FSX driven helicopter sims. A number claim FSX but then if you read close enough they throw in this..Oh, by the way, you kinda need "Steam" or an acceleration pack or some other thing. Last purchase was from Nemeth. MD500 (FSX only) claims the page. Read down, again FSX only. Purchase, open and BAM..."this install requires "Steam". I don't want Steam ! I would have more trouble than its worth with the number of add ons I have now. I just would like to be able to believe what the designer says....FSX ONLY! So, enough rant, sorry, but if anyone has or know where I can get a list of these sims I would be grateful!!!!

Just curious....what is keep you from adding the MD500 to your FSX installation?  Is there an auto-installer that points to the DLC folder in Steam?  Can you manually install this to a folder that you create and then put things where they belong?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It comes up with the install page and it says that Steam is required. But, when I looked at it on FS pilot it only calls for FSX.......

8 hours ago, krewdawg said:

It comes up with the install page and it says that Steam is required. But, when I looked at it on FS pilot it only calls for FSX.......

From what I read it’s compatible with FSX SP2 or the Steam version. Maybe they have different installers for each version? Did you check the store you purchased from to see if there are different download links?

If not, or you can’t get the installed to point to your FSX install, you might need to email their support at support@nemethdesigns.com.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes sir, I am hoping its just the wrong download and there is an FSX installer. And yes, I have tried repeatedly to contact them and all I am getting are silly questions about , well how did you install it and what path did you use for the installer. I am not getting any acknowledgment that the installer shows it requires the Steam being installed as well. This has been going on since the 14th of this month. With a major time lag between each contact. Major frustration !!!!!

Wow!  You would think that if there is a separate installer for each Sim, that would be their first answer back to you.  Is there any chance you could show a screenshot of the installer saying you need to have Steam installed?

The rules for posting images is a topic that is pinned in this forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well so much for a screenshot. I'm just gonna wipe whats on my 'puter and toss the CD backup I ordered as its Staem as well. Or keep it as a page marker. I at least won't spend any more money with Nemeth. Three days and still heard nothing.

Just taking a chance here......I downloaded a Nemeth design helo but it's for FS9 only.  I am showing the steps I took to direct it to a folder I made where the install will go to.  Does your install attempt look similar?

Notice it says the destination in FS9.  I have no FS9 installed on my computer.

helo1.JPG

Charlie Aron

In this next pic I chose to install to a folder I created in My Documents by clicking on the box marked.

Helo2.JPG

Charlie Aron

Now the helo will be installed in the folder I chose and then I can place the helo along with the gauges into my FSX.

helo3.JPG

Charlie Aron