Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

ATC not working

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I always say I am going to wait to see what happens to others and play it safe

Interesting - I am the opposite, and the guy I live with hates it when I update all my apps on my Android phone on the day they are released, without reading what the update is good for, or will it cause damage (which is why he waits). Interestingly, I have my 6 weeks of radiotherapy coming up, so if anything is released during then, I probably won't be around to update my system, anyway.  I think you are right, though. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Standard "out of the box" features that stop working properly with version upgrades is one of the most annoying issues that I can imagine. It does not inspire confidence when a user is considering upgrade options.

Yep - I keep being told that, and you're right! 😱

Thanks to both of you, and I know you're right. Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Oh well, bad news. I followed my advice to get it working the other day (...and it had worked), but today it has not.

I was using x-plane before because I liked it, but hated the ATC (if you would consider there being one at all!). Now I'm looking at P3D as not having ATC that works at all for me.  I'm going to stay positive about it, though, as hope it's fixed.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

On 6/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, Gary McCluskey said:

Oh well, bad news. I followed my advice to get it working the other day (...and it had worked), but today it has not.

I was using x-plane before because I liked it, but hated the ATC (if you would consider there being one at all!). Now I'm looking at P3D as not having ATC that works at all for me.  I'm going to stay positive about it, though, as hope it's fixed.

Gaz

It is fixed. P3D v4.3 is out and has a fix for this: "Fixed issue that could cause the ATC window to be disabled unexpectedly."

https://prepar3d.com/news/2018/06/114765/

I'm with you here, started to become pretty annoying lately.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

36 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I'm with you here, started to become pretty annoying lately.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have only tried it once since the upgrade, and it worked great, like you say.  I now have to think about the maps-problem I've got! It's like I never fly, I am always trying to set up a good flight simulator, lol !

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

ATC works reliably in 4.3.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 6/27/2018 at 9:52 PM, Gary McCluskey said:

It's like I never fly, I am always trying to set up a good flight simulator, lol !

I know that all too well. Once I had P3D set up and created my PTA preset and all I just stopped enhancing the sim because it works and looks perfect now. Worth the time setting it up.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD