I'm doing a lot of taxiway maintenance now, and slowly getting the hang of it.  When fixing Chicago O'Hare (KORD), I noticed that after scenery import in XP11, all taxiways are named with (seemingly random) numbers instead of the letters as they should (I have Navigraph account so have recent chart available as a reference). Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

When I come to think of it - can the taxiways even be named with numbers? I'm asking since the airport information charts often show the main taxiways named with letters, but the parking platforms with numbers. Or do I just delete the path ends leading to different platforms?

BTW is it possible to share "cleaned up" airports with other users?  Seems a lot of unnecessary work for everyone do the same fixes to the same airports. Fixing a big airport is tedious work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The taxiways at various airports will follow different naming conventions and can be letters, numbers or a combination of both.

As you are describing KORD, all you would have to do is change the names of the taxi paths to match the latest airport diagram to fix the name issue.  No need to delete them.

If you use the Save Taxiways or Save Gates buttons on the Save/Load screen, you will have a file that can be Loaded by other users to enable sharing of your work.  

Thanks, Dave. As big airports have pretty long main taxiways, consisting of many sections, is it possible to choose a longer taxiway (consisting of multiple segments) - ctrl-clicking the taxi points or something similar - for renaming? For example, KORD has two circular taxiways surrounding the main terminal, which are incorrectly named atm. Both consist of dozens of small segments - renaming each segment individually is a huge task.

Unfortunately, that is not possible in this version.  However, it is on the list of improvements for the future.

Dave

• Like 1